Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #1

Ok I've got an issue with a slide out

Hello all,

I've got a 2016 Jayco Eagle 323LKTS Fiver. My wife neglected to close the pantry door all the way when she brought the slide in. I thought it was just some superficial damage to the pantry door with a slightly bent door knob and misalignment of the door itself. However, when I brought the slide back out when we got home it's kind of hanging up and getting a little stuck on the side with the door so it takes a couple of in and outs with the slide to get the thing properly open all the way on both sides. Same thing with bringing it back in.

I'm hoping nothing got bent but who knows. Maybe just needs to be re-adjusted?

Anyone recommend the steps I should take to see if I can perhaps find the issue? Im planning on bringing into the dealer but I have a trip scheduled next week that I'd rather not cancel. Like I said I can eventually get it to go out and back in all the way after a few tries but I also don't want to make anything worse.

I appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks,
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StarGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #2

There should be instructions in your manual on how to get the slide motors back in sync so that it goes in and out straight.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:29 PM   #3

video on how to re-sync:

Old 07-21-2017, 01:43 PM   #4

Thanks for the video Grumpy. I gave this a shot yesterday actually and it didn't seem to work. The problem is that the problem side of the slide actually stops moving completely while the other side still extends/retracts. Almost like something is getting stuck. So I'm thinking it's not so much a timing issue but some other possible damage somewhere. If I extend/ retract partially a few times the bad side begins to start moving again. I don't hear any noises like clunks or anything like that.

Is it possible that the track could have been slightly bent causing the stickiness on the bad side? I don't know how easily these things can be damaged.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:17 PM   #5

Maybe something is stuck underneath that fell off when the door crunched. Also look at the nylon rollers under the tracks. If one is partially off only recourse is to replace entire wall assembly on that side, rollers aren't repairable.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:02 PM   #6

Well the rollers are good. It seems the motor on the side with the issue stops at a specific point then either resumes as the other side continues along or just completely stops causing the other side to stop as well. I then just have to keep retracting and extending until it continues all the way. Strange. Tracks don't look bent and I don't see anything in the way.