Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2016, 09:42 AM   #31
Originally Posted by gtinet View Post
Fortunately another idea came to mind. I grabbed a heavy duty black trash bag out of the camper. I put the mouth of the bag over the drain pipe and secured it with my left hand. I used my right hand to twist off the cap. Thankfully the trash bag was large enough to hold what was in the pipe and it did not tear. I carried it the few feet to the dump station inlet and poured the contents in. Disaster averted.
That's a great idea. I'll file this under the "good-to-know-but-never-want-to-use" category.

TrailerScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:32 AM   #32
First thing I did on both of my TTs before even using them was to replace the stock cap with a cap with a hose fitting. I don't ever use a hose on it, but I can remove the hose cap first slowly to verify there is nothing in the drain before pulling the main cap off. If it starts leaking I can then put the hose under the hose connection to catch what's in the there before I remove the main cap. Has worked great so far!
Attached Thumbnails

2006 Jay Flight 29BHS
1999 F350, XLT, 4x4, 6.8L V10, AT, CC, LB
northwindone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:05 PM   #33
Site Team
Originally Posted by Levinehikeski View Post
I hope they go after him, and make him pay for the cleanup (as well for the guy above whom did it at his site). At the least banned from going back for being dumb. That is unacceptable to create a mess like this (also the reason i own a sport 8, no Black or grey tanks to clean/mess with...)
Relax...this is a friendly site. Let's not be an instigator for an issue that was an accident. Just because you are perfect does not mean everyone else is.

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote