Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-13-2015, 01:55 PM   #31
Site Team

I will add one more thing. Still using the original 6 year old dealer supplied group 24 Interstate battery. This shows two things, you do not need a large battery if you use electric hookups and you can keep the shore power hooked up 24/7 with these new smart chargers without cooking the battery, otherwise this battery would have been toast years ago.

Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:11 PM   #32

This is a good report to read. We are just finishing up our first year of our Jay Flight 28 BHBE and loved it. I hope to remember to do the same type of report also.

Swinepartner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 02:28 PM   #33
Site Team

Seven years tomorrow (10/16) since we picked up our Jayco. In year seven I experienced no issues to report with the good old 28BHS. Roof still looks good, floor is solid, frame rust is minimal, slide works like it should, siding has a few dings but still shines up nice, all appliances work as they should, no cabinet issues as some have experienced, still using the original group 24 Interstate battery. I will add that this trailer has never been back to a dealer for service since we bought it, what few minor issues there were I took care of myself. We have thoughts about moving to a different floorplan but not yet....
Old 10-15-2016, 02:43 PM   #34

They sure don't build them like they used to.
abarkl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 03:08 PM   #35
Site Team

Mine has been mine since new five years almost to the date.

No major problems to report other than a slide motor while under warranty. Wear and tear items only and they have been few.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 03:20 PM   #36

I took mine to the jayco factory service center Tuesday for some minor warranty items that need to be fixed and to have the front cap repainted. Fred was great with me and remembered every item we had talked about back in feb of this year before my warranty expired. He said they would look it over good and if they found any other issues they would fix them while it was there. I will get pics and let you know once I pick it up but I am sure they will do me right. He said their main policy is that when people are sitting around discussing their campers at the site they want nothing but good reports from their service center
Old 10-15-2016, 09:24 PM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarkl View Post
They sure don't build them like they used to.
Some of it I feel could be attributed to the fact that it was built in 09, during the financial crisis, and one of the worse RV sales years in decades. Many RV factory workers had been laid off and some companies did not survive. Since orders were slow they could take their time.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:19 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Some of it I feel could be attributed to the fact that it was built in 09, during the financial crisis, and one of the worse RV sales years in decades. Many RV factory workers had been laid off and some companies did not survive. Since orders were slow they could take their time.
Perhaps. There were many gold diggers and money grabbers that we haven't seen in many years. Our Jayco was built in '08, and the other two we had from another brand in '01 and '03. They have all been rock solid, and we have a policy that buying new is just not for us.
Let someone else take the initial hit in depreciation and address all the small stuff when purchased new.

They don't build them like they used to and they all depreciate at a record pace.
abarkl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 11:25 PM   #39

We are finishing our 4th camping season with our 2013 X23B hybrid and also happy to say we have not had any problems what so ever.

Barker Power Jack
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote