Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #11
Originally Posted by CruizinKim View Post
Amazing! I saw the funnel pic and literally sucked in my breath. These are stunning pics.
I did the same thing!

Those are some incredible / beautiful pics!

2013 Jayco Jay Feather X23B
2014 Ford Expedition
Horst Miracle Probes
Barker Power Jack
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #12
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
Wow! If I saw that funnel I would be hauling the other way. I camp on the beach frequently and pop up TS are normal but something I take very seriously. The straight line winds can be devastating so I feel your pain. Some weeks I have to break camp 5 times just to be safe. I've seen pop up tents get projected through sides of campers!

Glad you got some good weather to enjoy your location as that's what the beach is all about. Sand, sunsets and water fun. OBX is on my 3 year list for stays.

How were the overall amenities? Cabins and width of sites? FS sites? Aside from weather would you do it again at the KOA?
The KOA was great cause we had younger children and there was activities for them even in the rain,the beach was just over the dunes,and all the bath houses were nice,however those that came to tent camp were flooded out literally...the section for tents was underwater there was ducks floating up and down the street that was once a buncha tents....luckily none of us tent camped...as for doing it again...well I might try somewhere else.......It seemed as though the campground did just enough to get by,they were not trying to give you an over the top experience...There didnt seem to be alot of happiness or enthusiasm from all the yellow shirted ones....Probally not totally fair of me to talk negative cause the whole trip left a sour taste in my mouth cause of the nonstop rain,me being a little new at this and this being my one and only 7 day vacation for the year.....

popjim52 is offline   Reply With Quote