Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-04-2011, 07:41 AM   #1

Picking my 08 up on Wednesday

This is my first TT, It's am 08 Jayco Jay Flight G2 23 FB. I'm getting it Richardson RV in Sun City, Calif. We are suppose to have a walk-thru of it while they are getting my vehicle ready for it. (installing electric brake unit) I have a list of things I want to check before I sign the dotted line because it's an 08 there is not a warranty, once I take it off the lot the problems, if any, are mine. Here is what I plan on checking, If I missed anything please let me know. First the shade on the window by the dining table is missing and I want them to replace it.

Make sure the shade on the window clears the table when you pull it down.
Make sure the antenna crank works the antenna up and down and turns the antenna.
Ask them to (please) fill the LP tanks
Check out the rubber roof (look for cracks) (I didn't see any stains inside on the ceiling)
The tires
Make sure roof hatches work with the crank.
Make sure there are screens on the windows
Lower the table top to make sure it fits where it should to change into a bed.
Black water tank lever (this showed 1/3 full on the gauge)
Vent over bathroom operation
Open & close awing
Fill water tanks and check for leaks
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:50 AM   #2

Congrats i'm sure you will love it. Post some pictures when you get it for some reason I can't picture that floorplan
certified106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #3

Yea! Congrats! Here is a PDI that will be very helpful on your pre-owned rv! Let us know how it goes
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #4

Joe, here is another thought. Check the tires pretty well for cracking, uneven wear, wear. They might shine up the outside of the tire, but that won't hide the fact that the tires might need to be replaced soon. If you feel the tire might need to be replaced for whatever reason, that will be an expense out of your pocket which will make that tt cost more than you paid. If they say no, remind them that you're pretty sure that they would not want you to be unsafe if having a tire failure on the road etc. Ask to talk to Mark (the owner) if the salesman poo-poo's any safety concern you find with the tt. Hopefully this helps
Old 06-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthi View Post
Yea! Congrats! Here is a PDI that will be very helpful on your pre-owned rv! Let us know how it goes
That's a big list but thanks for that. I'll plan on spending a few hours going over everything, I'll probably tick off the sales man but thats life!!

The price we agreed on included the electric brake and stabilzer bar. When he first gave me an out the door price (whicj we didn't agree on) was with the TT and everything else it was with a upgraded electric brake unit and bar, so I have to make sure I get that and not some lower unit. I hear one of type of stabilizer bars have to be removed before you can back up, I think that is the ones with chains on it, I told him I didn't want that one. So we will see what happens.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #6

Richardson's usually installs the Equalizer (where we purchased our tt BTW). If you pick up the tt back in Indiana, their "rv connection" store down the street only carries the Huskeys though. We had lots of problems with that Huskey, but Mark had them put on the Equalizer we paid for when we got back to Cali. Yes, with the Equalizer you can back up and even hook up the tt/tv at an angle if you have to back in awkwardly

Google PDI rv checklists. There are different ones out there.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
Site Team

With any used RV there are three big things to look for. Leaks, leaks, and more leaks. Water intrusion is an RV`s worst enemy. Did I mention leaks? More then likely not an issue with yours, but look it over good anyway.
Crabman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:14 AM   #8

Definitely never believe a salesperson that he/she knew the owner that traded it in... I would fathom it is safe to say the salesperson didn't camp/travel/or otherwise see how that trailer was treated or maintained

Here's another thought.. get the vin # off the tt and have the service manager print out the warranty/work info/history on the tt (or call Jayco direct). That's one way you can see what was done on it...
Old 06-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #9

Here's another thought.. get the vin # off the tt and have the service manager print out the warranty/work info/history on the tt (or call Jayco direct). That's one way you can see what was done on it...

Great idea, thank you for that
Joe