Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-11-2016, 01:40 PM   #1

Pop rv

Does anyone have any experience with these guys in buying or selling an RV? They want to sell my Fuzion 399 toyhauler for me and I am tempted to give them a try. Would appreciate any comments. Thanks
Tatanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 04:47 PM   #2

Let me guess, they saw you have it for sale and then "offered" to sell it for you. On RV.net people have posted that using these services is a waste of time. Your best bet is posting on Craig's List. It's free and has a wide audience.

I will say this, watch what's for sale in your are and see how long trailers sit for. In my area large trailers can sit for a year or longer before selling. Smaller trailers, 25ft and under tend to sell in weeks.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 05:19 PM   #3

I would not use them. Your on CL & RV trader, I think that is all you need.

Just my opinion, but if I were selling a big toy hauler like that, I would probably go the consignment route. You may have to pay an upfront fee for them to do their PDI inspection to see make sure everything works. They may want a commission.

A friend has a Cyclone on consignment. He paid $1,200 up front and that's it. No commission, etc if/when it sells. The benefit to this is potential buyers can shop and get financing at the same place.

Another dealership I know will charge $400 upfront, then 10% commission at the sale.

If you have it on CL and RV Trader, it's not a bad idea to market it that way, yourself. (I'd say theres a 50/50 chance your buyer will find it using RV trader or CL). The of 50% is a buyer passing by an RV dealer.

Unfortunately camper values drop pretty hard/fast. If your rig is not selling, it's almost always a price issue. Used rv buyers are either RV knowledgeable are looking for a specific floor plan/vintage camper; and/or they want a big savings.

The higher value of camper it is, the bigger discount/loss you are most likely to get.

Good luck!
2015 Jayflight 28 BHBE (sold)
2009 Jayflight 26 BH (sold)
hboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:04 PM   #4

I was selling a small and thus inexpensive trailer (so not in the class as yours) a couple years ago so I put it on Craigslist with an "open house" for certain hours that weekend. I set it up in my driveway with the awning out and outdoor carpet and radio playing, etc. Stuck out a sign saying "open camper, visit" or something like that. Had several people stop by, one of whom ended up buying it. Just a thought because if someone goes past and sees a "for sale" sign they may not want to knock on your door to open it up. Just a long shot but it worked for me. Of course, you need some nice weather to do that!
Vaneta is offline   Reply With Quote