Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #1

Talking Price Increase for Eagle upgrades

Got some information on the Eagle from our salesman yesterday when he sent the purchase agreement. Looks like the price originally quoted is going up, but how much? Have to wait and see. Does anybody have any advanced info on the increase? I like the interior improvements but need to know the price. Thought we were settled on that, so I'm concerned. I think the astrofoil was in answer to a question I had about their thermal package not being available on Eagle TTs, just the fivers, and does not affect our agreed upon price. We'll soon see. Here's what I was told:
They have added astrofoil insulation standard for 2011 in the slide out
roof, floor and behind the front cap. Now they are having interior upgrades including solid surface countertops, stainless steel sink and porcelain toilets. These changes begin with December production.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #2

From a white board perspective, Astro-Foil insulation is much better then traditional fiberglass. Mostly because AF will NOT hold moisture and helps repel critters.

For more details, surf: http://www.astrofoilint.com/stage/products.html

For my next Dream Trailer that I plan to keep for many years, I'd focus on a Build Design that uses Spray Foam. I applied Spray Foam under my Jayco's floor and am very impressed with it. To me, Spray Foam should be used in Jayco Eagle models as well.. Perhaps in time...

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:28 PM   #3

As Maxwell Smart would say "Ahh the old price is going up better buy now routine"... Take 30% off the sticker price as a starting point..
I got mine for 50% off
Seann

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk+ View Post
Got some information on the Eagle from our salesman yesterday when he sent the purchase agreement. Looks like the price originally quoted is going up, but how much? Have to wait and see. Does anybody have any advanced info on the increase? I like the interior improvements but need to know the price. Thought we were settled on that, so I'm concerned. I think the astrofoil was in answer to a question I had about their thermal package not being available on Eagle TTs, just the fivers, and does not affect our agreed upon price. We'll soon see. Here's what I was told:
They have added astrofoil insulation standard for 2011 in the slide out
roof, floor and behind the front cap. Now they are having interior upgrades including solid surface countertops, stainless steel sink and porcelain toilets. These changes begin with December production.
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:45 AM   #4

Smile

Got the final figure yesterday and was surprised, not that much at all. I'd gladly pay extra for hard surface countertops and a decent toilet. The Deal Is On!
Old 12-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #5

I don't see any listing on the website for solid surface countertops or a toilet upgrade. What model are you ordering?
Old 12-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #6

Thumbs up

Bmet, we just mailed in the down payment yesterday for an Eagle 320RLDS. We're buying from Thompson Family RV in Davenport, Iowa. The salesman said that the owners were at a show of some sort and were given that information, and their would be a small price increase. A few days later we got the dollar figure, I think it was just below 500. I haven't seen any update of Jayco's website to reflect the changes either, but infrequent updates of websites is pretty normal. One page of theirs shows water heater bypass standard and another page shows it optional. Also, there was nothing clearly stating R values in the floor, walls and ceiling, so I wrote Jayco CS and they promptly answered. (9, 7 & 22 respectively) I'll write and see if I can confirm the counter top, toilet and insulation upgrades. Sold our toy hauler today. Hope the new owner has as much fun with it as we did.