Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #1

Prices from one dealer to another

were looking at getting a 16xrb, the dealer we looked at had it on sale. we went home and looked online found a dealer a little further away had it for alot cheaper, i called first dealer to see if they would match as went took up quite a bit of his time , comes back and the best they can do is $127 more. think hes b.s.ing me or does the other place just move so many they can price cheaper?
JeepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:07 PM   #2

Some just want their piece of the pie to be larger. If he is only $127 more than the other dealer, that is a pretty close price to me. He is also closer when you need repairs or warranty done as well. When you buy from a local guy where you can get repairs made, they sometimes treat you a little better also, as far as wait times for repairs, etc. Just my humble opinion.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:17 PM   #3

we pretty much have decided to go with the closer guy who is more, just wondering what people think
Old 06-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #4

Pricing does depend on the number of units they move. Higher volume dealers get better discounts. My son, who lives in IL, saved almost $2,000 driving 300 miles to our dealer here in Cincy who is one of JAYCO's top 20.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #5

Try RV Connection in Middlebury, In bought a new one there for 34% under MSRP good dealer and Great People

Shoefly
Old 06-18-2014, 06:16 AM   #6

i cant go to that far, im from northeast PA
Old 06-18-2014, 07:28 AM   #7

I'm with namusmc65! Sooner or later, your going to need some kind of service on your unit. If the closer dealer has a good service reputation, I'd buy from him, so you'll be able to get reliable service from him. $127.00 is only about two tanks of gas in your TV.

If, on the other hand, the local guy has a lousy reputation for service and you plan on having it serviced elsewhere, who really cares what the local guy thinks. The forums are full of stories about owners having trouble getting their "bought elsewhere" rigs serviced locally. I say, buy it where you'll have it serviced! JMHO!
Old 06-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #8

price it out on rvdirect.com. Just for some additional info. Thats an easy way to get another competitive offer. Good luck!
2015 Jayflight 28 BHBE (sold)
2009 Jayflight 26 BH (sold)
hboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:32 AM   #9

$127 more is a rounding error on the pricing. Go local if all else is equal.

This subject has been argued many times and you are either a support the local dealer guy or go where you get the best deal kind of guy. I'm in the 2nd category but make it worth your while. A few hundred bucks on a $20 or 30k deal is not enough to drive to the other dealer. I purchased thru RV Connections in Middlebury and like the previous poster the savings were in the thousands. My closest local dealer was a 100 miles away so he wasn't exactly in my back yard. If they are a Jayco dealer, they will service your unit under warrentee. You may go to the back of the line but they have to service you. My experience with multi RV's I've owned over the years is that the trips to the dealer have been few and far between. As a result I say save the money and make your best deal.

Dealers in smaller markets do have higher costs due to lower dealer discounts, delivery charges, and floorplan expenses BUT that is there problem not yours. The dealer in Middlebury is just a couple miles from the Jayco factory and they only have a few units on their lot. The majority of what they sell are ordered and paid for by the buyer and when it comes in they call you and you come and pick it up. There front end costs are minimal since they used your money to place the order and when you pulled the TT off their lot a few weeks later they were unlikely to ever see you again. The drive for me was about 450 miles one way so I had fuel expense but it too was peanuts considering I saved almost $5000 over the local quote.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote