Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-30-2014, 09:06 PM   #1

Problems with pinnacle

Purchased a new Pinnacle 38flfs and started living in it July 2. Relocated from PA to Colorado. The first 4 days did not have airconditioning until they found the wire loose. Then noted the washing machine leaking, Had to have a repair man out to fix leak under bathroom sink after finding wet carpet, the leveling system stopped working and had to be reprogrammed .
The shower handle broke this morning. Is this normal ???? Husband keeps saying the word Lemon. Somewhat disappointed in the quality or am I overreacting?
bf1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:24 AM   #2

I would say that this is not normal. I am on my third Jayco, and I have never had any problems of any kind other than very minor things. I have never had a washer dryer system nor have I ever had the automated leveling system, so I don't know what could go wrong with those.

Hopefully, you can get your problems solved quickly and be able to enjoy your unit without any more headaches.

djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:46 PM   #3

If the leveling system had to be reprogrammed that was most likely user error. When using the auto leveler make sure you follow the directions to the t. If you shut it down in the middle of a level it will all need to be reset. We have not found any issues with our new Pinnacle yet. We have only had it out twice.
2014 Dodge Ram 2500, Diesel

TEBechtold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:34 PM   #4

I am on my second Jayco our first was a 05 designer it was flawless a great unit . Picked up a new Pinnacle last fall and already a few issues and it looks like labor related . First the black water valve quit working checked it out where it goes in the tank one screw that holds the valve together was missing and the other loose . Looks like someone went to lunch and forgot where he was when he came back . One of the flush lens on the cabin lights fell out . Looked like it wasn't locked in all the way. The two hanging lights in the kitchen the screw come loose and swung together and broke $ 65 each . I really like Jayco but I think they need to really clamp down on there quality control . From my evaluation it looks like they need to make sure what they do is done right . I feel Jayco is one of the best in the industry I just hope they don't loose this !!
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote