Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Quality after two years poll
Quality level 1 3 1.20%
Quality level 2 1 0.40%
Quality level 3 6 2.39%
Quality level 4 6 2.39%
Quality level 5 14 5.58%
Quality level 6 19 7.57%
Quality level 7 23 9.16%
Quality level 8 81 32.27%
Quality level 9 69 27.49%
Quality level 10 29 11.55%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2017, 07:05 PM   #61

Send a message via Yahoo to Skyron
View Poll Results

Our 2012 Jayco Skylark has proven overall trouble free.
My wife loves the overall design and function as do I. Tows excellent with a Toyota 4.6 engine and we get decent milage. We use a Hensley hitch system. The Skylark sets up easily. There have been No issues with the Skylark since new. We have used the Skylark regularly each year.
The washroom skylight recently developed a small stress crack at an anchor screw. Probably the screw was over torqued. I drilled the stress crack to stop the run and repaired with approved marine caulking. In six years use that is the only fix needed or repair.
The only hangup is the low ground clearance so I installed tires one inch more in diameter. This is some help.
The dealer ' Lakeview RV ' Owensound, Ontario is very thorough, proficient and accommodating.
Score 10 stars.

Prior we owned a 5th wheel Jayco Eagle with 3 slides. We were pleased with the Eagle it and towed with a Duramax also on some lengthily trips.
Skyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:47 PM   #62
Site Team

Quality after two years the silent majority give their unit a rating of 7 or better.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:25 AM   #63

After 2.5 years we decided never to buy Jayco again. Our hybird dkuble murphybed was installed incorrectly and always leaked. See attached.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
How would you rate the overall quality of your RV after at least the FIRST TWO YEARS since you took delivery. One through ten, one being terrible ten being outstanding. This poll is for those that purchased new, not used.

We need everyone that is relevant to vote in these quality polls so we can use the info as a reference point. Many times only problems are reported on forums so these polls will show just how good or bad the experience has been for all members. Please Vote.

This poll is just that, a poll on quality after at least two years of ownership. Report specific problems in the Jayco Problems and Issues forum. Civil discussion is welcome BUT rants, vents, and brand bashing will not be tolerated in this thread.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180523-092425.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	39992Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180523-092447.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	39993Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180523-092458.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	39994
2019 - Jayco - JayFeather SLX 174BH
enri1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:48 AM   #64

My 2016 38FDDS just turned 2 years last month. I had a few minor problems during it's maiden 2016 summer season (Furrion system died, awning replaced due to fabric defect, outside shower plumbed backward). All were fixed ONSITE at my seasonal spot 130 miles from my dealer. Excellent dealer service!!
I had a couple more small problems last year during 2017 season. My dealer sent me the parts and I fixed it myself (propane regulator, window shade, USB port, slider drape)
Here we are starting our 3rd season. We opened last week. I had to replace the thermal cutoff on the water heater (i had spares) and that's it so far. I am now out of warranty so any further repairs/parts will be on me. I'm hoping most of the bugs were taken care of under warranty. Very happy with my rig!

The majority of responses are level 8,9, and 10!
It's interesting that ALL two year old trailers (and older) were built pre Thor. I'd like to see a poll for trailers built after August 2016, when Thor took over just to see if in fact, the quality has dropped.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:59 AM   #65

My Jayco had two what I considered stupid design errors when I bought it, but didn't realize until I went to use it. The put the black water washout connection on the opposite side of the trailer from where the black/gray water connections were. I paid a guy to change it.
2. The company installed the bedroom air conditioner so that the controls faced the cabinet over the bed with very little room to see the controls for adjustments. They say it can't be changed where you could see and reach the adjusting controls. Good thing we don't use that AC. It is just dead weight or a backup in an emergency. A hand mirror helps to adjust the controls.
scapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:57 PM   #66

Mine was 2 years old in April. I had some issues initially and was pretty frustrated with the whole thing but everything is fixed now and things seem to be OK. It's out of warranty now so I hope all the bugs are worked out. I gave a 7. That is pretty high but it seems that My Jayco is pretty much on par with other brands as far as quality. Friends that have other brands had similar issues so I figured a 7 was fair.
Jflyboym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:06 PM   #67
Site Team

Bump
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:47 PM   #68

I voted 7 because its my first TT and everything seems to be made with the least expensive, light weight components ever.

That said, I purchased my Jayco 2017 19XUD one year ago and have enjoyed 32 nights in the trailer. So far there have been no major issues or even significant minor issues. Satisfied so far.
Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:37 PM   #69

Just finished our 2nd season with our 2017 Jay Feather 23rlsw. Over 100 nights and 10,000miles. Had shorted wire in awning and ripped fabric but Jayco replaced and rewired under warranty. Bottom drawer bottom under the fridge fell out but again warrantied. Gave it a nine.
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:19 PM   #70

I'm rated it an 8 now. Over 2 years of repairs and aggravation. We pretty happy with the unit now after the factory repair so were going to keep and use it. The last 3 trip have been pretty decent. Going to upgrade some of the areas others have had issues with to avoid future problems though.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:47 AM   #71

Just finished 3rd season with the jay flight 38FDDS.. initial bugs were mostly taken care of in season 1. All minor.
I’d say we use it 80-90 nights per season, so we’re close to 300 nights!

I’d rate it a 9.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:15 AM   #72

We are just coming up on our 2 year warranty. I would rate ours a 9! Some minor issues, but nothing major. The biggest issue was a wire came connection point point broke at the outside 120v connection; it happened right at the end of a trip. Other than that, a few screws came loose, some cabinet finishing needed some work, etc. I would buy a Whitehawk again.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:19 AM   #73

I was fluculating between 7 and 8. Ended up an 8. If I thought about it enough, it could drop to 6.

I've had a number of warranty items, some serious, most less serious.

1) Cone washers inside the bathroom cabinet which went to the outside shower were installed wrong, and therefore crushed. I could easily get to them so I just fixed them myself

2) Faucet at the bathroom sink was leaking during our trip to the Rockies last year. Bish's RV Supercenter in Idaho Falls, ID replaced the faucet (threads cross threaded at the factory, and different crushed cone washers) during my trip out west.

3) Two of the overhead LED lights began to strobe. Also the metal face place ring around the microwave had cracked at the lower right corner. We stopped at the factory in Middlebury where they replaced the strobing LED's, and the face plate ring. Then we were on our way, after a factory tour of the upper end 5th wheel line.

4) On a more serious note, I had 2 screws that hold the plywood floor to the metal chassis backed themselves out, to the point they almost tore through the vinyl flooring. I decided to fix these myself. I slit the flooring, finished backing out the self tapping screws, put Loctite on the end of the screw and screwed them back in and then used vinyl flooring glue to put the slit vinyl flooring back down. So far, the 2 screws have stayed put.

5) The fresh water monitor ceased to work. Took it to the dealer to fix. Dealer found a ground wire had come loose. Re-attached it and the fresh water monitor works again. However, the dealer discovered, when he had the Cloroplast underbelly covering off, that several of the "clips" holding the fresh water tank in place had broken. He replaced the broken "clips".

6) Dealer also noticed the rain gutter had pulled away from the side of the TT slightly. He fixed this.

7) Am waiting for 2 more strobbing overhead LED lights to be replaced. Just haven't gone by to have them replaced yet.

8) The forward outside speaker located at the end of the awning arm doesn't work, and never has. I doubt that will ever be fixed. I don't use the outside speakers, so they are not "mission critical".

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:47 PM   #74

Just passed the two year mark earlier this Spring and I give it a 9 only because 10 is perfect and nothing man made ever falls into that bucket in my opinion. I certainly went through some warranty issues but my rig is now in the condition I thought it should have been in when I bought it new. My DW and I have had some memorable times and we have no plans to ever replace it. Some minor mods are on the horizon but even without them we are very happy with our purchase.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:57 AM   #75

not sure yet and have had it a couple weeks, and I thought these were solid wood cabinets, well of coarse I was wrong, on that note, have to say in some area's it is not any better than a forest river, now the chassis is a different story, the ride is phenomenal compared to our , and I really thought it had more room inside
Old 07-14-2019, 09:08 AM   #76

After an initial flurry of fit and finish issues, the only real warrantee repairs were replacement of the junk tv over the fireplace and the repaint of the front cap. Our 2014 W Hawk has proven to be reliable 5 or 6 years of ownership. The kitchen sink cracked after 3 years and was replaced with a stainless unit with residential kitchen faucet. The water pump had to be replaced [my fault due to a mistake with the winterizing process]. Had an issue of our first road trip when the driving marker lights and taillights went black. Problem fixed on a Saturday in Birmingham Al by a sympothic RV dealer service center [$1100] in a pouring rain. Turned out to be a loose ground in the distribution box under the propane shelf.

Components in the W Hawk are the same as used by all " C" class TT's and led to loose trim strips and pulled cabinet handles. Same with the brown painted cap that affected all brands for several years. No issues with a Jayco dealer who handled the repainting and it was not the dealer who sold the unit. Bought the TT at the online dealer in Middlebury In. Price was +/- 33% discount over my nearest 2 dealers with a 6 week wait.

Likely will be our last RV since we are both over 70 and with limited use this one should last for the duration unless we decide to go with a shorter TT. We still smile when we pull into a Wally World parking lot the first nite of a road trip.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:46 PM   #77

Decent TT

My 2017 Whitehawk 29REKS is at 2 years and I am a FT'er. I am rating it a 7. I guess the most serious problem, and I bought it new, was that the kitchen and bathroom plumbing was never tightened down at the factory. It is like someone installed it but break time came and when they came back they never finished the job. It was disheartening. Since I had to work on it anyway, I cut off the pex and added sharkbite fittings. I also had to tighten the kitchen sink drain plumbing. Bummer cause I did not catch it for about a week.

Now just recently the slide had a leak in it and it took a tropical storm with 30" of rain in 30 hours to show itself. I have taken steps to fix it but the rubber roof gutter seems to have dry rotted. That also makes me mad. The bedroom closets leak also.

The drawer near the fireplace did not have the "catches" that the cabinets have and when I closed the slide I destroyed the whole drawer- maybe a 50 cent part that would have made it an ideal drawer. It must have opened when I was driving.

Everything else seems a "go." The reason I bought this model is I wanted two air conditioners and a walk-in shower. No bunkbeds for me! The electric fireplace is an added bonus as is the arctic package.
BILLYBOBTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:05 PM   #78

A 7? Very generous of you.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 10:24 PM   #79

Our TT is a 2016 model year. Our trailer was made before Thor bought the company. I like ours. Quality is great. The sail switch in the furnace has failed two times, but that is on the furnace manufacture.
Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 06:50 PM   #80

My "9" vote is for my 2016 - 28BHBE. It has been virtually trouble free.. A couple of very minor QC issues but nothing major. We loved it the day we picked her up and still do today...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote