Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2015, 07:28 PM   #11
We bought a 2015 Jayco Seneca in November. We've had a couple of minor issues, and one biggie associated with a slide seal. Our local dealer has been great, and everything was fixed under warranty with no problems.

On our last trip, one of the backlight LED's on the outside television went out leaving a dark shadow on one side of the screen. I wanted to avoid having to take the coach back to the dealer during the camping season and wait, so I contacted Jayco customer service via e-mail. I sent a photo to show them what was going on, and a replacement TV was shipped out the same day. I swapped the TV's out, and shipped the broken one back. All covered under warranty.

Our unit isn't perfect - we've had to tweak a few things here and there (cabinet latches not matching up, basement door latches loose), but I'm happy with the quality overall.

Ty & Deb Montag
Columbus, OH
2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK
2014 Honda CR-V toad
anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:33 PM   #12
I'm a Jayco owner who believes that Jayco quality is neither as good as it ought to be, nor as good as it could be. And neither are very many of "entry level" RV's, and even expensive ones.

Problems I have NOT had with Jayco are basic structural problems - things like frame welds breaking, axle mountings breaking, frames bending. Which do happen, but I like to think not so much with Jayco.

Jayco does have a good warranty, but how good the service is and how quickly a problem is solved depends on your dealer. Investigate, investigate, investigate.

I'd buy another Jayco, and I can also say I'd buy it from the same dealer.

There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:01 PM   #13
There are a lot of discussions where potential customers are concerned about quality based on what they've read here. I also spent a long time reading and learning as much as I could about Jayco products before deciding to buy last year. I'd like to throw one more thing at you to consider. Jayco has made your product for years and will be around to help you for years to come. My previous TT isn't even made any more. It was built by a major company who made a business decision to stop making TT and left to concentrate on what they felt was a more profitable line. 'nuf said.
Dan & Christine (and Molly)
2015 GMC Sierra 4WD Crew Cab Short Bed with Max Trailer Pkg
2015 Jayco White Hawk 27 DSRL
redenbacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:10 PM   #14
I just posted about our first trip with a brand new 29 QBS. Everything was good except the tub/shower support was done improperly so that there is no support underneath. They make a platform of plywood and 2x4 but it is too narrow due to plumbing. If they just made the support platform 6" wider there would be no issue. Now it will require removing the entire surround and tub. Poorly built it that area.
Acepylot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:19 PM   #15
Wow is all I can say - please read this post too: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f1...tml#post299733

"I just go where I'm towed to"

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
2015 White Hawk 25BHS w/Outdoor Kitchen
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Z71/4x4 Duramax
Son's 2016 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 + gifted 1984 Coleman Sequoia Tent Trailer
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote