Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #1

RCA TV Tuner Problem

I purchased a 2010 Jayco 23FB this summer and have had a problem with the 22" RCA TV that was installed in the trailer. This TV is connected to the Jensen DVD and surround system. The TV works fine with the exception of Channel 7. When I tune to Channel 7 sometimes the picture just flashes, sometimes I get a split screen with an adjacent channel and sometimes I get a full screen but only one quarter of the image is showing.

I took it back to the dealer who then told me that Jayco said it was a problem with the broadcaster in our area. The dealer indicated that I was the third person to complain. I have brought the TV in-house for the winter and it behaves the same way in my house as in my unit. I have many other TV's and none behave this way.

I have contacted the dealer again and informed them that I have a three year warranty and want the problem fixed. If I had bought that TV from one of the local electronics stores and it did the same thing, I would be returning it to them too. I am waiting for a response from Jayco on this second report. The dealer indicated that they have the same TV in their showroom doing the same thing. Is anyone else having similar problems with the TV tuner on the 22" RCA TV?
RSGentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #2

This is very unusual. We very rarely have tuner problems in the RCA TV's. I assure you Jayco will take care of it. If your dealer doesn't provide a satifactory solution you can contact Jayco directly and get the repair authorized. I am guessing the dealer will come back with good news.
cciparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #3

I was fed and educated thanks to my father and the monies he earned selling RCA products in the '50s, '60s and some of the '70s, so that name held meaning for me. However, it's merely a ghost of its former self. The name has been bought and sold and divided to the point that it's just three letters now. However, I note they had a similar problem in the past. Here's a page that will tell you what you've really got - if you can figure it out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA_%28trademark%29
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #4

If there is a problem with the broadcaster, it is nothing that Jayco can fix. If it is a problem with the television, then replacing it with the exact same model will not solve the problem.

Don't know what you can expect Jayco to do, if it is a problem with the television signal that is giving you the problem, the problem lies with RCA or the broadcaster, or both.

Richard and Laura Ray
Amateur Radio W4RLR
"The Green Goblin" 2008 F-250 Lariat CC SB, 6.4 liter automatic, 4x4"Love Shack" 1995 Jayco Eagle 277 RBSS fifth-wheel
rray32539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rray32539 View Post
If it is a problem with the television, then replacing it with the exact same model will not solve the problem.
Actually, it could be a glitch in the tuner itself (a bad tuner). If that is the case, replacing it with the same model can fix the problem.
cciparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #6

Well, I am happy to say that Jayco came through and replaced the TV with a different manufacturer's model. Unfortunatly it did no have same audio out jacks to allow it to hook into my Jenson surround sound system in the trailer. As these audio jacks were cables coming out of the back of the RCA unit, they appeared to be add on's after they left RCA. The sticker indicating "opening will void warrenty" had also been broken so that a screw could be accessed. I believe that to have been Jayco work and modification as I bought the trailer new off the lot with factory installed TV.
RSGentry is offline   Reply With Quote