Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #1

Roadside assistance

Hello,
I am thinking of joining a roadside assistance club, such as Coachnet or Good Sam. My question is this.

If I have a mechanical problem with my tow vehicle and it has to be towed, what happens to my trailer? Will Coachnet or Good Sam pull it off the road to a safe place, maybe to a trailer dealer nearby while my tow vehicle is being repaired? The trailer most definitely would have to be dropped along the road to tow the tow vehicle and I don't want the trailer sitting along the road for who knows how long. Can someone explain how this works? Does Coachnet or Good Sam tow both? Separately of course.

Also, I belong to AAA, and I'm quite sure they don't give a hoot about my trailer. Do I call AAA for my tow vehicle, and either Coachnet or Good Sam to get the trailer off the road? Call both?

Thank you for any responses.
boatbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
Site Team

AAA advertises rv coverage for addl. fees. I am sure Coachnet and GS ERS have provisions to handle the scenario you mention. I have GS ERS for many years and have not a complaint. BTW, they all contract with the local towing folks so the same people may come no matter who who you buy it from. Customer service is the key.

No need to have more than one. I would contact the ones and ask them for their policies.,
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:43 AM   #3

We have had GS for quite a few years and have been satisfied with their service. They call you back to give you an approximate time of tow truck arrival and then call back around that time to see if they have arrived. They will tow both your tow vehicle and trailer if your tow truck breaks down.
Don
Donr827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #4

AAA will tow your tv to a repair facility and you rv to a safe location.
We lost a transmission in our truck two years ago and AAA was great.They towed or truck to the transmission shop and our 5th wheel to our house. I think we payed the tow company a extra 50.00 to get it all the way home. It was about a 50 mile tow and they used two trucks. we have the AAA Plus RV
Old 09-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #5

Thank you for the replies. I have belonged to AAA for years and never realized they cover RVs. I'll give them a call. Thanks again.
boatbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #6

Another :wink: for AAA. we have the plus RV coverage but have not had use them for the RV but we have used them for our other vehicles. We have been "Totally Satisfied" with their service at every level.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #7

We have been with Good Sam for 20 plus years and obviously been satisfied- We have used the service a number of times and have always received prompt courteous service from the Good Sam contact and the service technician- If you break down on the road they will tow both rv and tv to a repair facility but if the service call is to a campground or other "safe" area, the tow is for the disabled tv only- JMHO- DD