Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-29-2015, 02:26 PM   #1

Rocker/Recliners in Eagle

Hi Everyone

We just purchased our new 2015 Jayco Eagle in March. I was wondering during traveling do any of you who may have these r/r secure them?? Our highways and roads in CA are terrible and I know the r/r have to be rocking.

Thank you in advance for any input.
Cotton56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:58 PM   #2

I haven't taken delivery yet of our new North Point, but I believe they come with protective sleeves that are designed to slide over the recliners. I see that a lot of people put them back to back and then wrap something around them to hold them together. Doesn't the unit come with something like this?
nhfire152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:16 PM   #3

Our pinnacle came with 2 long web straps with adjustable buckles. In order for the slide to close we place the recliners back to back and strap them down to a ring that is mounted to the floor. Only had one protective vinyl cover so DW made a second one.

TNCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:37 PM   #4

If you search, Rocker/Recliner?, you will find the thread that I posted some pictures showing the straps I installed to hold the r/r's to th floor. I would add a link if I wasn't tech challenged. I also added a 4" pool noodle wrapped around the base and under the chair portion to prevent it from rocking. The noodle has a strap through the centre hole with clips on the end to hold it in place. I just detach the floor straps, move it out when reclining. Don't even have to remove the noodle. It compresses and doesn't crease permanently.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote