Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-24-2016, 10:12 AM   #11
Didn't quite get to the slide adjustment as soon as I hoped due to a few other items on the honey-do list but going camping later this week so tackled it yesterday. It was MUCH easier than anticipated and took longer to get a few tools out than to actually do the work.

Ran the slide out about 1/2 way to the balance point, loosened off the 4 nuts and gave the slide box a push. It needed to move about 3/4" and it went so easily that I had to push it back a bit. Eyed it for even on both sides and then double checked by measuring from the outer edge of the gasket trim to the slide box, checked that the rails were even and tightened the nuts.

Looks good and the slide goes in and out much easier than before.

2016 Jayflight 26BHS Elite
2014 F150 4x4 Super Crew, Eco-Boost, Max Tow
Bayliner Trophy 2002ff
BCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:29 PM   #12
2nd Slide Problem resolved (sort of)

Got my unit fixed by the dealer in 2 days.
Turns out the plastic gears were stripped on the slideout drive.
No explanation of why that happened - the slide was still properly adjusted. I might have been just a defective unit - or I may have held the button too long coming in or out but I don't think I did. In any event - a gearbox like this should not be designed such that it can be so easily destroyed by "operator error".

I have to give kudos to my dealer. After all the bad press some dealers get here I'm going to brag on Crown RV of Conyers Ga. It was Tuesday. They knew I was going camping on Thursday. They knew Jayco couldn't approve a warranty repair fast enough to get me a part in time. So they had an RV parts supplier overnight a motor and gear assembly, changed it out and had the unit ready the next day by 10am. When they get the part from Jayco I guess they will just put it in stock. In any event, they didn't charge me a cent. Mrs. Madren King is the service manager (she and her husband Earl own the place). If you need Jayco service and you're in Georgia - go see them - they have been in business since 1971.

Buddy Ray - Atlanta
Jayco Eagle HT 26.5RLS
Ford F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:27 PM   #13
Nice to hear about a "Good" dealer BuddyRay. Enjoy your camping trip!

Sent via Tapatalk

jaycojls is offline   Reply With Quote