Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: RV Dealer Satisfaction Poll
I am extremely satisfied with my RV dealer 173 36.73%
I am satisfied with my RV dealer 102 21.66%
I am somewhat satisfied with my RV dealer 46 9.77%
I am somewhat dissatisfied with my RV dealer 38 8.07%
I am dissatisfied with my RV dealer 31 6.58%
I am very dissatisfied with my RV dealer 34 7.22%
My RV dealer is so bad I would not wish them on my worst enemy 21 4.46%
I have not had enough experience with them yet to form an opinion 26 5.52%
Voters: 471. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #21

Angry RV1 no way

I would not suggest RV1 if you are looking for service after the purchase. When we were shopping for a new RV we chose a Jayco Eagle HT. Jayco quality seems to be better than most. We felt the purchase price was reasonable but quickly learned not to base your purchase on the sale price only. Several issues were identified during the purchase and after almost 5 months still not corrected and only getting the run around. Now I'm faced with an expensive decision; go to another dealer hundreds of miles away or trade just to avoid the local dealer. May sound extreme but the excitement of the purchase has turned into pure misery.
Moonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttavasc View Post
Valley RV SuperCenter in Kent, WA. They are a Jayco-only dealer. It was just over 3 months from the first time we looked at the 195RB before we actually purchased. Excellent sales department and they were true to their "No-pressure" motto, especially compared to some of the other dealers we looked at before going back there.
This is good to know as I've been there multiple times looking at various rigs.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:49 AM   #23
Site Team

looks like a majority have had a positive RV dealer experience. There have been many posts on forums concerning bad dealer experiences, but this poll indicates while it does occur, it is not as often as we might have thought. Kudos to the dealers and their staffs that are providing a positive buying experience and quality service! (And shame on those that are not!)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:45 AM   #24

TeamRVInc. In Albany, GA. Purchased my second unit from them in the past 10 years. Family owned and operated and even have a great campground next door. The owner is a great guy and any problems we have had, they have taken care of immediately. Even arranged a service visit at a campground we were staying in hundreds of miles away. Can't say enough good things about them.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:07 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
I would not suggest RV1 if you are looking for service after the purchase. When we were shopping for a new RV we chose a Jayco Eagle HT. Jayco quality seems to be better than most. We felt the purchase price was reasonable but quickly learned not to base your purchase on the sale price only. Several issues were identified during the purchase and after almost 5 months still not corrected and only getting the run around. Now I'm faced with an expensive decision; go to another dealer hundreds of miles away or trade just to avoid the local dealer. May sound extreme but the excitement of the purchase has turned into pure misery.
+1
rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:20 PM   #26

We have had excellent service from Dunlap RV. Bought our first trailer (Dutchman TT) when they were no more than a garage on a parking lot. They now have 4 locations. Brad the owner has always given us a great deal and prompt service and worked around our schedule when needed. Bought our first Jayco right after he picked up the line and 2 more since.

TNCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:55 AM   #27

Somewhat satisfied. I was really happy with the sales part of the experience. They were really helpful and relatively efficient although they seemed to have over booked their deliveries and it took more time than anticipated.

The service experience is another story. The front office of the service department is great. They washed my RV for me free of charge several times as well. The quality control from the service department leaves much to be desired though. If they only had someone check the work they do to make sure it is done correctly, then the customer would not have to find some really blatant errors or mistakes. I've lost trust in them and will only take my unit for warranty or items that are so difficult for me that I can't do them myself. Will try to darken their doorstep as little as possible in the future.

2014 Whitehawk 33BHBS
Equilizer WDH
2023 F350 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7l 3.31
2014 F250 4X4 Crew Cab 6.2 l 3.73 (sold)
2010 F150 4X4 Supercrew 4.6l 3.73 (traded in)
t2daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:05 AM   #28

Would'nt buy from my dealer again. I tried to save a few bucks and bought 500 miles away.....total indifference when we went to pick up our TT, wasn't ready, nobody cared.... the service tech seemed to be the only one interested in our satisfaction. My advice...by local and save yourself the headache of a long and exhausting process.

2006 Chev Silverado Z-71 5.3L H.O. w/ Trailer Pkg

Tekonsha Primus IQ Controller
Roadwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:47 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadwarrior View Post
Would'nt buy from my dealer again. I tried to save a few bucks and bought 500 miles away.....total indifference when we went to pick up our TT, wasn't ready, nobody cared.... the service tech seemed to be the only one interested in our satisfaction. My advice...by local and save yourself the headache of a long and exhausting process.
Who did you purchase from? We'll be getting one eventually and since you're kind of in my neck of the woods, I'm most interested in dealers in this area.

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2015, 05:03 PM   #30

I've heard good things about Valley RV in Kent...as ttavasc said above. Our dealer was in Idaho, let's leave it at that. Never heard from them again after the sale. Just horrible customer service.

2006 Chev Silverado Z-71 5.3L H.O. w/ Trailer Pkg

Tekonsha Primus IQ Controller
Roadwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:12 PM   #31

We will be picking up our new 20MRB on Tuesday from Blade RV in MT. Vernon WA. Had some service work done at Valley RV on our current unit two years ago and not sure if what they did was a "sabotage" to have us come back for a "fix" which may have seemed like an expensive repair or if someone in their service department just made a senseless stupid error. I'd like to think the the latter but wonder.

Also, Valley (only 6 miles from our home) had no 20MRBs in stock and Jayco has discontinued making the floorplan.

As for Blade (75 miles away), I will add a follow up review on the experience after we return with the new unit on Tuesday, 3/31. So far, it has been mostly positive.

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:00 AM   #32

Crossroads Rv in Yadkinville NC was awesome. Easiest negotiation I've ever done. Owner wasnt there that afternoon but his wife was. Saw the price, then I made an offer quite a bit lower, she said let me check. She called him on his cell, told him my offer and he said yes. Took all of 10 minutes total. Run by an elderly man and they specialize in small entry level used campers (like mine) and new park models. (They do have other stuff). Lots to choose from and all very clean. Walk thru was very detailed and hit all systems. Patiently answered all questions from me and my teenage son. As for service I can't say as its 5 hours away and I haven't had to go back. They even gave me a galley table when it was realized during the delivery walk thru, the camper didn't have one. (Took it out of another RV). When it comes time I will make the drive and see them again and give them a shot at my money.
tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:32 PM   #33

Followup on Blade RV:

Our salesman was very knowledgeable, actually did all the numbers to be sure we were not buying too much trailer for our TV. The "walk around" went fairly smooth. Jon was good as he knew a lot about the new systems on their Jayco products and made several suggestions on how to operate them. He installed the larger door handle for us and did an adequate job.

Although they said that they would assist with the moving of my WDH, I did 99% of the actual work, mostly because they had not seen an Andersen hitch installation before. Worked out well, as I was installing the hitch, he was doing the door handle.

Only problem was after we left the dealership, my Tekonsha P3 showed an overload on the screen. As we were starving for lunch, we disconnected the pig tail from the TV and ate. I called Blade and was told to return to the service dept. Once the pigtail was plugged back in, the error code was gone. The service guys suggested a route to take where we could test the unit before getting on the interstate for the 75 mile trip home. No more code. I figure the P3 was needing to adapt to the new trailer.

Brett, our salesman called the next day to see how the trip home went. All went well.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:03 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
We will be picking up our new 20MRB on Tuesday from Blade RV in MT. Vernon WA. Had some service work done at Valley RV on our current unit two years ago and not sure if what they did was a "sabotage" to have us come back for a "fix" which may have seemed like an expensive repair or if someone in their service department just made a senseless stupid error. I'd like to think the the latter but wonder.

Also, Valley (only 6 miles from our home) had no 20MRBs in stock and Jayco has discontinued making the floorplan.

As for Blade (75 miles away), I will add a follow up review on the experience after we return with the new unit on Tuesday, 3/31. So far, it has been mostly positive.
I'm curious where you plan to take your trailer for any service work. Valley or Blade? I'm not too far from Valley, so that's the only Jayco dealer I've dealt with.

Thanks
Old 04-09-2015, 02:39 PM   #35

Very happy so far.... Haven't taken delivery yet, but Kyle of Indiana RV Connection has been very helpful and patient. Our unit is scheduled to be completed the first part of next week, so I'm looking forward to picking it up.

I have requested that he make sure any applicable recalls are taken care of prior to delivery (parking brake? keypad?) I don't think it's fair to push recalls onto the customer to take care of when they are known prior to delivery.

I'll report back with how the delivery goes...
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:12 PM   #36

We've interacted with several places, and on the basis of how they treated us, we're going with Mike at RV City, in Huachuca (wah-choo-kuh) City, AZ. Pleasant, patient, knowledgeable, and very low pressure. We bought our first PUP from them years ago, and are going back to them now for our TT.
Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:44 PM   #37

3 years ago we traded in our 1991 Class A for a 2007 Jay Flight at Fretz Rv in PA. I could b on have asked for a better experience. This is the first place I will be shopping when I am ready to upgrade.

TV = 2006 F-350 CC DRW 6.0
TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TT = 2007 Jayco Jay Flight 27bh - SOLD
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:05 AM   #38

Excellent sales experience from Hilltop RV in Brainerd, MN. We've ordered (but haven't yet picked up) our new Whitehawk 27DSRL. So far the sales rep (Trent) has been knowledgeable and always courteous to us when we have stopped in with questions. Owner Jeff simply added some extras we were interested in, without charging us for them!!! Of course we know that our purchase price probably covered these extras. But we were prepared to pay extra for them and it was very nice to feel that we were not being "gouged" by our dealer. This dealer is local to us and that was a very important part of our purchase decision. I strongly support the "buy local" concept. We are far from wealthy, but money isn't the bottom line for us. Service after the sale, respectful discussions, and a sense of being valued as a customer means a lot more to us than whether we could save $1500. by driving some ridiculous distance to buy.
Glen
G&BOlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:12 AM   #39

At this point, I wouldn't recommend Crestview RV in Buda, TX.

Sales experience was good. Great, helpful salesman routinely checks in with us to see how we're doing. Perhaps the best salesman we've encountered. He actually came to our house and spent a couple hours working on a jammed storage bin door.

Now the not so good: This is the only unit we've purchased where they did not do a PDI before the finance transaction. When we asked why, they stated the PDI was previously completed in the service department by a qualified technician. I probably should have stopped the process there, but to our dismay I did not. The finance guy was in a hurry and made several mistakes (to their benefit) on the paperwork that I caught prior to signing.

Following finances, we were walked out to the rig where we met with the chief motor home technician who did a walk around with us. We were tired, and I didn't request to meet their service department manager. Wish I had. A service department walk-thru was routinely offered at all previous dealerships. We spent the night in the on-site RV park and drove 28 miles to our home the following morning.

We identified some issues during our maiden voyage and put the rig in the shop 10 days ago. We thought it odd that there are no signs directing to the service department; however, several signs point the way to the sales floor. That kind of says something... I had a 12 noon appointment with the service writer. We arrived at 12 sharp and were told he had just left for lunch. Another writer assisted by documenting our issues.

The dealer called to say they will repair a couple minor issues today and we can pick it up for use until they receive a new shower from Jayco to correct the buckled shower floor and some other parts related to approved warranty service discrepancies.

This is our 1st Jayco and 5th new RV. Other than our sales guy, I'd rate this dealer near the bottom in terms of customer appreciation.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:29 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch47 View Post
The dealer called to say they will repair a couple minor issues today and we can pick it up for use until they receive a new shower from Jayco to correct the buckled shower floor and some other parts related to approved warranty service discrepancies.
With our TT, the PDI uncovered a few issues that required the shop ordering replacement parts from Jayco. Like you, they suggested we enjoy our purchase and take a couple of shake-down trips to compile a punch-list, and they'd advise when the items came-in (damaged dinette table, wrong sizing decals, etc.). They were spot-on as we DID uncover a few more "fix it" issues (thank goodness for the warranty). True to their word, they contacted us as soon as the parts arrived and scheduled an appointment requiring them to keep the TT for a few days. We still have one lingering (intermittent) issue that we'll take back to them when we have a few more items we might want them to do or fix. All-in-all, a good experience - hopefully yours is as painless as ours.

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote