I am somewhat dissatisfied with my RV dealer 23 7.74%
I am dissatisfied with my RV dealer 17 5.72%
I am very dissatisfied with my RV dealer 18 6.06%
My RV dealer is so bad I would not wish them on my worst enemy 11 3.70%
I have not had enough experience with them yet to form an opinion 18 6.06%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #21

Angry RV1 no way

I would not suggest RV1 if you are looking for service after the purchase. When we were shopping for a new RV we chose a Jayco Eagle HT. Jayco quality seems to be better than most. We felt the purchase price was reasonable but quickly learned not to base your purchase on the sale price only. Several issues were identified during the purchase and after almost 5 months still not corrected and only getting the run around. Now I'm faced with an expensive decision; go to another dealer hundreds of miles away or trade just to avoid the local dealer. May sound extreme but the excitement of the purchase has turned into pure misery.

Moonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttavasc View Post
Valley RV SuperCenter in Kent, WA. They are a Jayco-only dealer. It was just over 3 months from the first time we looked at the 195RB before we actually purchased. Excellent sales department and they were true to their "No-pressure" motto, especially compared to some of the other dealers we looked at before going back there.
This is good to know as I've been there multiple times looking at various rigs.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:49 AM   #23
Site Team

looks like a majority have had a positive RV dealer experience. There have been many posts on forums concerning bad dealer experiences, but this poll indicates while it does occur, it is not as often as we might have thought. Kudos to the dealers and their staffs that are providing a positive buying experience and quality service! (And shame on those that are not!)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:45 AM   #24

TeamRVInc. In Albany, GA. Purchased my second unit from them in the past 10 years. Family owned and operated and even have a great campground next door. The owner is a great guy and any problems we have had, they have taken care of immediately. Even arranged a service visit at a campground we were staying in hundreds of miles away. Can't say enough good things about them.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:07 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
I would not suggest RV1 if you are looking for service after the purchase. When we were shopping for a new RV we chose a Jayco Eagle HT. Jayco quality seems to be better than most. We felt the purchase price was reasonable but quickly learned not to base your purchase on the sale price only. Several issues were identified during the purchase and after almost 5 months still not corrected and only getting the run around. Now I'm faced with an expensive decision; go to another dealer hundreds of miles away or trade just to avoid the local dealer. May sound extreme but the excitement of the purchase has turned into pure misery.
+1
rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:20 PM   #26

We have had excellent service from Dunlap RV. Bought our first trailer (Dutchman TT) when they were no more than a garage on a parking lot. They now have 4 locations. Brad the owner has always given us a great deal and prompt service and worked around our schedule when needed. Bought our first Jayco right after he picked up the line and 2 more since.

TNCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:55 AM   #27

Somewhat satisfied. I was really happy with the sales part of the experience. They were really helpful and relatively efficient although they seemed to have over booked their deliveries and it took more time than anticipated.

The service experience is another story. The front office of the service department is great. They washed my RV for me free of charge several times as well. The quality control from the service department leaves much to be desired though. If they only had someone check the work they do to make sure it is done correctly, then the customer would not have to find some really blatant errors or mistakes. I've lost trust in them and will only take my unit for warranty or items that are so difficult for me that I can't do them myself. Will try to darken their doorstep as little as possible in the future.

2014 Whitehawk 33BHBS
Equilizer WDH
2014 F250 4X4 Crew Cab 6.2 l 3.73
2010 F150 4X4 Supercrew 4.6l 3.73 (traded in)
t2daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:05 AM   #28

Would'nt buy from my dealer again. I tried to save a few bucks and bought 500 miles away.....total indifference when we went to pick up our TT, wasn't ready, nobody cared.... the service tech seemed to be the only one interested in our satisfaction. My advice...by local and save yourself the headache of a long and exhausting process.

2006 Chev Silverado Z-71 5.3L H.O. w/ Trailer Pkg

Tekonsha Primus IQ Controller
Roadwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:47 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadwarrior View Post
Would'nt buy from my dealer again. I tried to save a few bucks and bought 500 miles away.....total indifference when we went to pick up our TT, wasn't ready, nobody cared.... the service tech seemed to be the only one interested in our satisfaction. My advice...by local and save yourself the headache of a long and exhausting process.
Who did you purchase from? We'll be getting one eventually and since you're kind of in my neck of the woods, I'm most interested in dealers in this area.

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2015, 05:03 PM   #30

I've heard good things about Valley RV in Kent...as ttavasc said above. Our dealer was in Idaho, let's leave it at that. Never heard from them again after the sale. Just horrible customer service.

2006 Chev Silverado Z-71 5.3L H.O. w/ Trailer Pkg

Tekonsha Primus IQ Controller
Roadwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote