Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: RV Dealer Satisfaction Poll
I am extremely satisfied with my RV dealer 173 36.73%
I am satisfied with my RV dealer 102 21.66%
I am somewhat satisfied with my RV dealer 46 9.77%
I am somewhat dissatisfied with my RV dealer 38 8.07%
I am dissatisfied with my RV dealer 31 6.58%
I am very dissatisfied with my RV dealer 34 7.22%
My RV dealer is so bad I would not wish them on my worst enemy 21 4.46%
I have not had enough experience with them yet to form an opinion 26 5.52%
Voters: 471. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2015, 07:04 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch N Go View Post
Jayco and the warrenty work done went well. Now custumer service was very poor. I asked about work done and nobody was helpful on explaining. It was like get out. I'm home asking my self what the????? Its all about sales there....wow!!
+1

Dan
Old 10-03-2015, 09:07 PM   #62
Wyn

Garick RV in Oak Ridge NJ gets my vote for dealer of the year. I purchased my 29MV from them at the Northeast RV Show, the sales/purchase process was very professional and all promises made by them were kept. The PDI was excellent, in spite of sub-zero temps on the day I picked it up in Feb. Best of all, their Service Department is first class. They have fixed all the issues with my unit correctly the first time and in a timely fashion. I do not hesitate to recommend them, and will certainly purchase my next RV from them as well.
Wyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:20 PM   #63

Brockman RV in Jerome Idaho

My new SLX 145RB is only 2 months old with 500 miles on 3 weekends, and nothing has broken or required service, yet. But I have read many posts about bad dealers: not including a spare tire, charging extra for a battery or propane, installing a cheap undersized battery, charging outrageous prep fees, bad/incomplete prep work, etc.

None of those scare stories happened to me at Brockman RV in Jerome, Idaho. They treated me well, patiently offered choices, explained everything, prepped everything the right way including installing the new brake controller in my TV, and didn't try to take all my cash. Because of this, I traveled 150 miles to Brockman RV, passing several other dealers along the way. They earned my business.

P.S. Brockman RV has sold Jayco for years, and they are near Jayco's plant in Twin Falls, Idaho.
Homersimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:35 PM   #64

Thumbs down Camping world Oakwood, GA sucks.

We bought at Camping World in Oakwood, GA. Funny how many of the people unhappy with their dealer experience bought at Camping World. I was happy with the final price and what they gave me on my trade in, but everything else has been a bummer.
Negotiating the deal took over 6 hours. All the sleazy "I've got to go talk to my manager" crap and then they let you sit in the office for 30 minutes each time while they yuk it up in the managers office. They tried to change our trade in value at the last second. Wouldn't tell us the APR on the loan they were offering until the last possible second. Tons of upsell pressure after the sale on Good Sam crapola. Camper wasn't ready at the scheduled time for pickup so we had to wait hours before our walk-through.
Had to get service under warranty twice and those were both total fiascos too. Took weeks to get it done, they never called to say it was finished and when we got there to pick it up only half the work had been completed. Oops, we forgot about that. The service department clearly doesn't want to deal with customers.
I would NEVER buy from Camping World again.

Other than that it's been great.
Mike
2004 Ford Super Duty f-250, Bulletproofed 6.0 Powerstroke diesel with SCT chip
Husker Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:02 PM   #65

Our dealer service expertise is marginal, at best. This judgement is result of one very bad experience 4 years ago,
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:33 AM   #66

Very happy with my dealer, Gayle Kline in Mountville, PA. Spent a lot of time with me through 2 sales, consultation and planning. I've probably been lucky in that we have had no significant service issues, but they have been very responsive to quality issues during the sales process and always have time to be helpful. Not only would I go back, but I did go back.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 05:59 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
Very happy so far.... Haven't taken delivery yet, but Kyle of Indiana RV Connection has been very helpful and patient. Our unit is scheduled to be completed the first part of next week, so I'm looking forward to picking it up.

I have requested that he make sure any applicable recalls are taken care of prior to delivery (parking brake? keypad?) I don't think it's fair to push recalls onto the customer to take care of when they are known prior to delivery.

I'll report back with how the delivery goes...
Can you update us on your experience with Indiana RV Connection? Good service? Good deal? Thanks
mpinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:23 PM   #68

Bought ours from Rv Center in Indiana and I will not be taking it back there for warranty after 3 bad experiences. I am taking it back to Jayco this fall and their service dept will be refinishing my front cap and performing the other warranty issues
Old 03-08-2016, 03:16 PM   #69

So far our experience has been bad. We ordered our TT January 8. The dealer said it would be a few weeks. I said the loan we signed up for expires February 22 so let us know before hand if there are any issues. I called twice in that time frame and spoke to the salesman who said it might not be ready until mid March, but they will have a VIN number for us by February 24 at the latest. On February 22 I called 3 times and all three times I was told they would call me right back. It's March 8 and I have yet to have them call back. I called once since February 22 and was told that I should keep calling them to find out if the TT has arrived at the dealer. I told them no, it's their job to call me and keep me informed, not the other way around. I still haven't heard from the dealer. Not once.

I have no idea what to do. My wife is getting upset to the point where she is wondering if we should just ask for our deposit back. Both of us really want the TT, but we also want to be treated fairly. We're not asking for much, just to be acknowledged and maybe an occasional email/ phone call to keep us up to date. Very frustrating experience so far.
fragmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:42 PM   #70

Just bought a new tt from RV City in Morinville Alberta. This is where we bought our first one and went back because of the wonderful service and people. They went above and beyond to help us make everything thing accessible for our special needs son. I can't say enough about how great they are!
Old 03-17-2016, 12:28 PM   #71

Not very good at all. 3 appointments to fix the rubber trim around the side door. 3 attempts to fix the leaking shower. 2 appointments to fix same loose trim piece. On the last appointment, the dealership forgot they even had my mh on their lot. The camper sat their on the lot for 2.5 months until I called them for pick up.
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 04:53 PM   #72

Hamiltons Rv Outlet, Saginaw. Well trained, professional sales person. We really loved him. Delivery walk-through was less than 20 minutes,leaving us with a ton of questions.,(Our fault, I guess). Follow-up visits with service quite unsatisfying. Communication/ feedback on areas of concern is short of desirable .
1 Shizu, 1 Havanese
Dreamgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:32 PM   #73

Hamiltons Rv, Saginaw. Salesperson was personable, knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with.. Walk through at delivery didn't last 20 minutes. Lots of question when we got home. (Our fault for not asking perhaps). Now, working with the service dept. we feel their communication/ follow up leaves much to be desired.
1 Shizu, 1 Havanese
Old 03-19-2016, 07:08 AM   #74

Hamiltons Rv , Saginaw. Salesman was relaxed, knowledgeable and efficient. Allowed us to make decisions in our own time. Delivery walk through lasted no more than 20 minutes, leaving us with a lot of unanswered questions (no doubt because of our failure to ask). Service dept. on a followup visit not too impressive. Questionable communication and poor follow-up.
1 Shizu, 1 Havanese
Old 03-19-2016, 08:35 AM   #75
BJR

I'm voting "My dealer is a necessary evil."

Don't want to deal with them but they're the only ones within a reasonable distance.
BJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:41 AM   #76

Our local dealer is Gillette Interstate RV. Their service department has been outstanding in all respects with us, but sales, not so much. I am sure there are others out there that had better experiences with them, but as for us, I think we have been blacklisted because we dared to call them out on their pricing.

When we purchased our first RV (Coachmen Freedom Express) they "seemed" to be great. All smiles, more than willing to answer questions, pretty much everything a used car salesman is taught to do with an "uninformed" buyer and ended up paying a lot more than we should have. This time around, that was NOT the case as returning customers who now knew that we could "negotiate" and by how much. Boy did things change.

We wasted 6 months trying to get something ordered with this dealership. From the beginning, they promised to beat any deal we could get elsewhere. Nothing could have been further from the truth. When they literally refused to sit down in person with us, I should have raised the red flag but didn't. After that, there was intermittent phone calls not being returned, emails not being responded to, and they wouldn't accept an order on a 2017 until the actual pricing came out. Then when we finally got them to give us "numbers" and we tried to negotiate, they dragged it out for weeks until they finally came back and told us that because this took so long, they could no longer honor their initial offer and now needed an additional 10 grand down! Maybe if they had sat down with us months earlier instead of relying on phone calls and emails? In the end, I guess our return business just didn't mean much to them if we didn't just blindly follow along. So we took their "inferred" advice and went elsewhere.

End result, after a few short days of back and forth with Terrytown RV, which is about an hour away, we not only got the trailer we wanted ordered, but saved over 4 grand as well from Gillette's "best price"! Thanks Gillette! I just wonder if now, we are on their service department black list as well. I hope not, but guess we will find out.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:59 AM   #77

I made my deal with an out of town dealer over the phone. After I traveled there to sign and pick up they wanted to switch the deal. Long story short, I put another 5 or 6 hundred down and they lowered the sales price by that much as well. The salesman and I were both fit to be tied, the financing guy was the problem.
Old 07-30-2016, 03:06 PM   #78

We purchased our unit from Clear Creek RV in Silverdale, WA. Was a great experience and their service department has been topnotch. I highly recommend them to all our friends, family and encounters out and about.

We first looked at Valley RV SuperCenter in Kent and they had a 2015 unit we liked but they refused to work with us on the price. They were slow to respond to our requests and really felt like they did not want our business. I honestly thought we would have been the easiest sale all year since we had the coin and knew exactly what we wanted and were ready to drive it off the lot. Luckily we found the same model but a 2016 (fully loaded) unit and Clear Creek was more than happy to negotiate and work on the price. After all was said and done, we towed off the lot a trailer one year newer and way more options than the unit from Valley RV and 4k under the price Valley was trying to sell a 2015 model for.

Clear Creek has definitely earned our next travel trailer purchase.
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
EAZ-Lift Weight Distribution Hitch w/Sway Control
jsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 05:46 PM   #79

Dealer Satisfaction Poll

Satisfied with my dealer, however, the salesman lied to me. The MSRP listing listed a 22" TV. I was provided a 19" TV as the salesman said the 22" TV would
not fit. I upgraded to a 24" TV which fits, go figure. Live and learn.
mohok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 06:04 PM   #80

Lone Star RV in Houston. Service department answered all my questions about the quality of the trailers I was looking at and being new to the travel trailer world , I appreciated that. After comparing prices for the RV I chose, the price seemed fair and thier parts department has just as good of prices as anyone else. They are close to the house also.

2016 Jayco 28RBDS
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins 4x4
DandE is offline   Reply With Quote