I am somewhat satisfied with my RV dealer 23 8.07%
I am somewhat dissatisfied with my RV dealer 22 7.72%
I am dissatisfied with my RV dealer 17 5.96%
I am very dissatisfied with my RV dealer 18 6.32%
My RV dealer is so bad I would not wish them on my worst enemy 11 3.86%
I have not had enough experience with them yet to form an opinion 18 6.32%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2015, 01:03 PM   #51
I bought from Camping World in Kingston, NY. The salesman was nearly useless.
The negotiating process took way too long (sort of expected).
The PDI was pointless. I knew almost as much as the "head" tech.

The only thing they did 'right' was setting up the hitch.

They didn't bother to drain all the tanks. I got home with a 1/2 full black tank. Fortunately, it was only water and anti-freeze. And I had to call to get them to send me a sewer hose kit.

I might buy some accessories from them. But another RV? Probably not.

TT 2015 19RD "TheJayco"
TV 2003 F-350 "Montblanc" - Housebroken chore truck

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:52 AM   #52
I have been very satisfied with Cenla camping in Alexandria, Louisiana. They are a family owned operation that treats their customers like family!

2012 F250 Super Duty
2014 Jayco Premier 361REQS
Super Springs
Yamerhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:22 PM   #53
This is based on only one experience, but Trailside RV in Grain Valley, Mo. is top-notch in my opinion. We bought a 1998 Eagle pop-up trailer from an individual earlier this year. While on vacation in August, we developed an issue with the Lift System.
First, Trailside was the only service outlet in Kansas City that would work on it.
Despite the fact that I didn't buy the camper from them and had never set foot on the property, they were very helpful, honest and straightforward. Once they got it in the shop the problem was bigger than they first thought. They called to explain in detail and gave me a revised estimate. The camper was ready when initially promised and the bill matched the revised estimate.
I would not think twice about recommending Trailside RV.
Willie & Mary
1998 Eagle 12 UDK
2009 Ford F-150
Nights camped 2016: 23

KCSA75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:37 AM   #54
This is my second Jayco purchase. My first was through RV Direct/Albany RV and it was nothing short of horrible. PM me if you'd like details.

This report is about my second Dealer. Garick RV of Northern New Jersey. I can't tell you how pleased I have been with their service department and Techs, their Service Manager, the sales staff, the financing officer who is just outstanding, and the tech that walked me through PDI. I also met the owner and his wife and expressed how happy I was with the experience. They walked through a 3 hour PDI inspection led by be. We tested everything and a lot of dealers and techs would have given me a hard time and did what Albany did to me, this was a whole different experience. I even asked them to water the tops of the slides to check for good seals. Any minor issues I found were resolved on the spot.

Highly highly recommend these folks. I drive 2 and a quarter hours (no traffic) from CT to NJ for them. Our in state dealer doesn't handle large 5ers and quite frankly has a very arrogant approach as if they're doing me some sort of favor by even talking to me, and my other closer alternative is Albany RV and they are beyond awful in my opinion. If you'd like to hear more great things about Garick RV of NJ please Private Message me or just ask here. For Sales, ask for Matt and tell him Chris fro CT said to call.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 08:26 AM   #55
When it came to the sale, we were extremely satisfied with our salesman (Greg) at Keystone RV in Greencastle, PA. But, some friends went there on our recommendation and weren't happy - maybe because they weren't told what they wanted to hear about the particular model they thought they had to have...

Our salesman took over an hour when we picked up the TT going over every square inch of the unit and showing us how to set it all up - that was great and his advice paid off so much!

The parts department was great in helping us get our necessities for the first outings - when I told them I wanted quality stuff, not the cheapo bucket of starter stuff, the salesman helped us pick each thing we really needed with quality parts that we wouldn't be replacing the next season.

The service department has some not so great reviews, but we haven't used them and probably never will unless we end up with warranty work (they are 2 hours away and I don't pay for anything I can do myself)... They set up the WDH, and I learned later that it wasn't quite adjusted right, but some of that may have been break-in changes on the bars, because it seemed to change over time - however, they gave us no instructions or adjustment directions...

2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71
Reese Dual Cam HP
Tekonsha P3 controller
Gone campin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #56
I think the whole trailer purchase experience just boils down to luck. Your much better off if the the trailer you buy has less to go wrong with it and you fix the minor things that do go wrong it yourself. I ordered my trailer from a factory direct outlet in Indiana in 2014 and got it about $1500 cheaper than local dealers offered. I made sure the dealer in Indianna handled my license and registration in Texas. I drove up there to pick it up and by the time I got home my license tags were in the mail box waiting for me. So far, I have use the rig on two trips to Galveston, one to Port Aransas, and one to Destin Florida. That's besides three lake trips. My wife and I have been very pleased with the camper so far. Sure, the trailers not perfect and there are some things that bother me. For one the floor squeaks a little in one spot, but I don't have the time or the patience to deal with some dealer trying to fix small things under warranty. I don't have a saleman to turn to, but that's fine with me.
2015 Jayflight 23MB, 2007 Ford F150
ruswms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:49 PM   #57
Originally Posted by mike837go View Post
The salesman was nearly useless.
The negotiating process took way too long (sort of expected).
The PDI was pointless. I knew almost as much as the "head" tech.
I might buy some accessories from them. But another RV? Probably not.
This describes my entire buying process from Camping World as well. They didn't even set up my hitch correctly. I will say that the general manager/sales manager are great. Our unit has been nearly flawless in the 3 years that we've had it. I'd rather fix the stuff myself than tow 75 miles back to the dealership, then home again. I have bought from there accessories shop because we're Good Sam members.
2012 Eagle 320 RLDS
2012 Ford F-250 Crew Cab FX4, 6.7l PSD
3.55 E-locker, Timbrens
TCNASHVILLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:30 PM   #58
We bought our TT from RV Direct after trying to buy it from our local Camping World. We were happy with the online people that we dealt with, but the RV dealership, Tampa RV, could have been better. We told everyone we met that we needed to have our hitch install, we already had a receiver. We were ignored. We had the inspection and they thought we were ready to leave but still no hitch. Finally the person that did the inspection listen. We were also not happy with the sales manager. We had an issue with the recliners that were delivered. We were told they were going to be cloth, but they were pleather. It turned out that Jayco changed the scheme that we ordered from 2015 to 2016. We found out by calling the online rep that had helped us. The sales manager wanted to know if we could just live with it. Our answer was we could, but we was not if we were suppose to have cloth. Several other little things did not help our experience. We did like the person that did our PDI and one of the people that had prepared the TT for us. We had some questions about maintaining the roof and keeping the sides looking good and he was very helpful. Mostly just management issues we found not satisfactory.
Junmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:43 PM   #59
RV Max Dallas area

Jayco and the warrenty work done went well. Now custumer service was very poor. I asked about work done and nobody was helpful on explaining. It was like get out. I'm home asking my self what the????? Its all about sales there....wow!!
Touch N Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 06:52 PM   #60
I am very satisfied with the sales staff and the dealership. Where I mark them down is in the service department. The few times I've had to call for information, they rarely have an answer. I've actually gotten much better assistance from a local RV dealer who does not sell Jayco.

mtdawg is offline   Reply With Quote