Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #11
We bought our last 2 units, a 2011 Eagle 365BHS and a 2012 Eagle 365BHS from RVDirect (picked up in Des Moines.) I've recommended them to many others and would buy from them again without question. Although I took there quote to several local dealers, none were able to get even close to the price we paid for wither of our units.

Garyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #12
I saved a boatload of cash buying our 26BH from RV Direct, even after figuring the costs associated with traveling from St.Louis to Des Moines to pick up the unit. My only complaints stemmed from their installation of my WD hitch. But then again, how often are people actually happy about the dealer WD hitch installations...

TheRevJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #13
Bought our 28 BHS from the Buffalo facility. Easy to deal with and saved a lot of money. Tried dealing local but they didn't come close. Also, picked up the camper and stayed at Niagra Falls for a few days. Kind of a bonus .
2012 Jayflight 28bhs
2006 Toyota Tundra
pfin38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #14
I got a Jayco dealer to come within $1500 of the RVDirect direct quote I had. I figured it would cost me about $1000 in gas to pick it up since I am not near a RVDirect facility. I bought locally. I think RVDirect's prices are reasonable and think most dealers can come pretty close to matching the RVDirect price. (If the dealer is "hungry" enough.)
Mike & Gail
2011 Greyhawk 31SS
prevoiusly had a Jayco Jay Flight 26BH - loved it! :)
MichaelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #15
We bought our Melbourne 26a from RVDirect two years ago. I had two minor problems with them, one the warranty registration was not sent back to Jayco until I inquired about it, the second was that I was told the motorhome didn't have a propane gauge at delivery. I later learned it had the sending unit and should have had the gauge. Jayco sent me one when I inquired about it. I would definitely buy from them again.

2010 Melbourne 26A
2010 Honda CRV
Mikebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #16
thank you so much for everyones input. our local dealer still will not budge off his price. looks like we may be taking a trip next spring/summer to Des Moines Iowa as that is the closest to montana. we are gone most of this fall with this camper so probably will sell it early spring. might wait for the 2014's and see if they make the luggage compartment doors bigger, jayco just did it on the whitehawks.
2000 dodge ram laramie slt,cummins, 2014 jayco eagle touring edition 28.5 rkds, 1996 scamper 065s
max2bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #17
We bought ours in Des Moines from RV One which is also part of RV Direct. Great Price and service so far. I would recommend them.
Jayco Swift SLX 184BH
dlindsay001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #18
Add one more positive review for RVDirect. Although I have not yet picked up my Melbourne 28F down in Orlando, their price couldn't be beat. The Knoxville based dealer I attempted to negotiate with would not return my messages - even after offering them $1850 over RVD quote. The Tennessee RV (Actual Name) Dealership needs to hire some thicker skinned and honest salespeople.
knoxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:59 AM   #19
The only other issue to consider is service after the sale. "If" you can get your local dealer to come close to rvdirect, I would chose
the local dealer. I bought locally as I had some concerns about showing up with my new tt needing warranty work and I bought it eleswhere. The level of service is sometimes better when you take it back to where you bought the tt. Anyhow, that was my concern and I think it's something that everyone has to weigh. You went to your local dealer and couldn't cut a deal. In the future, you may have to visit the same dealership for service. Depending on the dealership's memory and mindset, that may or may not go well.
I had our local dealership's service manager tell me that they will work on a customer's tt first before one that was bought elsewhere.
Just some food for thought. Good luck with your purchase.
2010 Silverado 5.3 3.73 EC Superchip, AEM Air Intake
2013 Jayflight 26RLS
2 Fur daughters
1 Wife
....and empty pockets
nitrohorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:51 AM   #20
Since we fulltime and travel around quite a bit, the local dealer service issue did not come into play as much for us in our decsision to buy from RV Direct.
When we need service we find a dealer close to where we are currently located, same with our GMC Truck if it needs dealer support / service.

Robert & Bale the "Traveling Dog"
2012 GMC 3500HD DRW
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote