Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #21

nitrohorse...... This is what I thought as well when we we shopping for our TT. We ended up going with a dealer 3 hours from us, mainly because our local dealer had no plans to carry the 23B model.

Rob_Fla..... Glad to hear it's working for you. But I would venture a guess and say many of us are not in the same situatione where we are able to travel around a lot.
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #22

I bought my 2011 Melbourne 29D through RV Direct. Working w/ RVD went well; no complaints. Their price was the only reason I could afford the motorhome. Other dealers wanted $20,000 more.

I picked up the rig at Orlando RV meaning we had to fly from in from Houston. Not interested in picking up at the airport, so no red carpet treatment was coming our way. They quickly assigned a salesman to do our PDI. The rig was ready (if you don't count the pathetic job of washing it, or more like, hosing it down). He quickly ran us through the PDI and briefed us on the features. The main door would barely shut (and would later open while moving) but he just made up excuses for why it operated the way it did. We got to the dealership at 2pm and were out by 5:30pm.

Now when I picked up our Cyclone 5th wheel (the rig before the Melbourne), there was no hurry and we overnighted in the rig to test everything out at their recommendation. The fixed things we found quickly. Maybe it was because it was a RVD sale, but Louie wanted to get this done and get us out of the lot. When I asked about staying overnight, he said we could park out on the street if we liked; but they would be locking the gates soon. I wasn't feeling the love.

Because of this rush, I think we missed some items on the PDI like the hairlines cracks in the gelcoat on the endcap.

So, for me, it was a mixed bag. I like the rig overall but was not impressed with the quality of the cabinetry or trim plus I have a squeak in the dinette slide that I can't find and is driving me nuts.

Here in Houston, the big dealer Holiday World no longer has the Jayco franchise. So since I didn't by my rig from them, they told me to go elsewhere for warranty work. Elsewhere may only be down the street with Camping World, but I can't seem to get them to tell me whether they got the franchise. They don't answer messages I leave.

While I'm venting, the best mileage I can get towing a Jeep Wrangler is 8 mpg; lower once I get to the mountains. Only time I can get up to 9 mpg is towing my aluminum motorcycle trailer. The V10 Vortec engine is pathetic compared to moving a rig with a big diesel and don't get me started on the noise!

YMMV. I hope this helps.

Bob in Houston
Travlr45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #23

Travlr,
We picked up our TT (X23B - just a lil 'un) from the Orlando dealer as well but our experience was more like your first one. I was pleased with the prep and PDI. Like you we are also in the Houston area. Prior to our buying from RVD we visited the area Jayco dealer, Lone Star RV (I-45 north & South), while we were looking. Have't had our unit in for warranty or repair (yet) and I'm hoping they will be willing to work on it regardless. I'll take it up w/ Jayco if they aren't.
Hope you get the problems sorted out and welcome to the site.
Keep posting your experiences (inquriing minds and all that jazz).

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 04:37 PM   #24
CTP

For those of you who ordered and purchased from RVOne, was there pressure from the finance Dept to sigh the papers? I have read here quite bit about doing the PDI, fixing the discrepancies and then sign the paperwork when all is well.
I have a PDI scheduled in Orlando, and the $$ guy is pushy. He keeps asking me to sign the papers. I told him post PDI, and still got another email to get papers signed before PDI/demo.
This is our first rv purchase, any advice is appreciated.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:32 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
Travlr,
We picked up our TT (X23B - just a lil 'un) from the Orlando dealer as well but our experience was more like your first one. I was pleased with the prep and PDI. Like you we are also in the Houston area. Prior to our buying from RVD we visited the area Jayco dealer, Lone Star RV (I-45 north & South), while we were looking. Have't had our unit in for warranty or repair (yet) and I'm hoping they will be willing to work on it regardless. I'll take it up w/ Jayco if they aren't.
Hope you get the problems sorted out and welcome to the site.
Keep posting your experiences (inquriing minds and all that jazz).
Would Lone Star RV not come close on the price?
Also, have you had to take it there for service? If so, did they work on it or did they give you trouble?
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote