Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-29-2016, 01:27 PM   #1
Site Team

RV sales hit record high: Best year since 1976

RV sales hit record high: Best year since 1976. Thor mentioned in this segment, posted record profit, and their CEO will be on Mad Money tonight.

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/rv-sa...182300938.html
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
RV sales hit record high: Best year since 1976.
Yeah, around here you'd better be able to camp during the week as it's getting tougher to get a weekend spot. Glad their doing well.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:13 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNASHVILLE View Post
Yeah, around here you'd better be able to camp during the week as it's getting tougher to get a weekend spot. Glad their doing well.
And I spoke with a RV service manager the other day and he said the huge number of first time RV`ers is contributing greatly to the wait times reported by many to get service. They understandably are not as educated in the workings of an RV and in many cases schedule service appointments for things more seasoned RVers may not. They only have so many RV techs and so many service bays to accommodate them all....
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:31 PM   #4

Wow, one of many companies I should have invested in years ago at 101.84 / share. It's looking a little steep, price is up over 10% just today! Adding to my watch list.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
Wow, one of many companies I should have invested in years ago at 101.84 / share. It's looking a little steep, price is up over 10% just today! Adding to my watch list.
May have to contact my financial planner.
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
May have to contact my financial planner.
Probably too late

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:35 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
I would wait for a pull back before even thinking about THO. It still may go higher, but it will stop and take a rest at some point. Most of the stocks are at record highs and I will wait for the market to pull back, hopefully about 500+ points on the pull back. That is where I make the most money. THO has a substantial gap up and in just about all gaps (up or down) that window will be closed at some point. So if you decide to purchase THO wait to see if it closes the gap first. I would look for a retrace back to around the $93 to $88 area. The gap would be my biggest concern. Make sure you use Trailing-Stops or set a stop loss point. What goes UP must come DOWN.... I love the DOWN runs.. how do you think I pay for all my toys and RVing, and it is a lot of fun.

Most people would bypass this pick, take a look at UGAZ. Trending down... Had I purchased 1000 shares of it 6 years ago at $25.10/share and let my program dictate the BUY/SELL decisions, I would have made $81,722. But this is a 3x Long Natural Gas and the road can be pretty bumpy. (see insert below)

I know you are wondering what my Excel program looks at. It downloads 5 full years of data plus YTD. It has formulas that look at 4 different EMA and SMA's, MACD and Stochastics... does some calculations, compares the outputs and determines the BUY and SELL points for the stock being analyzed. With this spread sheet, I can look at 6 years of data and it will calculate what I would have made using the spreadsheet. It takes the wondering if I should or should not get into the stock. Yes I still need to watch for news (911.. stock market reactions...) that may affect the stock, so I still have the last decision as to if I want to buy/sell and of course I use Stop-Loss exits.

I just let my daughter give it a try and she loves it ($$$$). She has 25 years to retirement and she plans on making a lot of money.

I have specific criteria for buying/selling stocks, most people do not have specific criteria for buying and selling and could never create a program to make the decisions for them.. every stock I scan gets the same treatment.

If you look at the Excel insert where the totals are in the 2 top rows you will see the difference when the program doesn't use the STOP-LOSS feature opposed to when it does.... ALWAYS use a stop-loss!!!

Works for me...

Don
Attached Thumbnails
EXCEL - THO - Thor Stock.jpg   EXCEL - Screen Print UVXY.jpg  
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:43 AM   #8

I'm a technical investor too. Just looking at the Money Flow Index, RSI and Bollinger bands, Thor is extremely expensive at the moment. It's on my watch list, not my buy list

Other than for my 401K I'm not buying stocks at the moment although I sure can't complain about my portfolio since November, everything looks too expensive to me right now. THO is up another 5 bucks since my last post. There will be another recession of course and this industry is known to get hit harder than most when that happens. Cheap gas has given them an additional, somewhat artificial boost too.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote