Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2015, 10:17 AM   #1

RV Shelter

After much wringing of hands and web searching, I have decided to purchase a metal carport/rv shelter for our Jay Flight to spend its off time in. If you purchased one of these, who did you buy from and were/are you happy with your decision ? I am leaning towards "Alan's Carports" because there are not many local dealers here. Thanks in advance for your time, Dave
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 01:44 PM   #2

What Harrisburg are you in? Are you referring to Alans Factory Outlet? They sell Carolina Carport brand, I have one and LOVE it. 31' long, 18' wide, 10' legs. Its plenty tall enough for my RV, parked right in the middle. We keep the slide open when we are home, makes it easier to get in and out. Side window's open on the slide and roof vents open year round to keep temps and humidity stable.

Its rated for 120 mph winds (or something like that) and a decent snow load as well. We love it and have no regrets. I paid something like $2200 and plan to stay in the house for 13 more years. It comes out to $170 a year for covered storage... hard to beat that!
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 07:54 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply spoon, I am in Harrisburg, Missouri population about 280. I am not in downtown Harrisburg but in the 'suburbs" ie out in the woods !!LOL!! Yes Alans Factory Outlet is the company I was thinking of. According to my calculations, comparinmg apples to apploes, their price beats others I have contacted by 3 to 4 hundred dollars. That's a bunch in my book. Thank you again for taking time to share your experience with me, Dave
Old 11-07-2015, 09:17 PM   #4

One more thing. I was thinking the 9 ft. legs would be enough for my FB24 Jay Flight. My owners manuel says it is 11ft. 3 inches to the top of the AC unit. Now I am wondering if 10 ft. legs would be a better choice and is only $60.00 more. Your thoughts ?
Old 11-07-2015, 10:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolead View Post
One more thing. I was thinking the 9 ft. legs would be enough for my FB24 Jay Flight. My owners manuel says it is 11ft. 3 inches to the top of the AC unit. Now I am wondering if 10 ft. legs would be a better choice and is only $60.00 more. Your thoughts ?

Go 10' for $60. Then your good if you get a slightly taller trailer in the future.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote