Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #1

RV Warranty "FOREVER"

Went to an AG EXPO in Moultrie, GA today. Camping World and Horizon RV both had displays with many units to visit. What really caught my eye was an Easel set up advertising Forever Warranty on any unit purchased from Horizon RV. Believe me, that caught my eye right away. I talked at length with the sales representative and he assured me it was true, as long as you were the original owner, and you kept up with the yearly maintenance. If you sold it, it reverted to a 2 year warranty. You might want to go to their website and look them up. They have many brands for sale. I have been looking already but now I am going to their website and check them out. That warranty would be worth every penny of a deal. Check them out!

Horizonrv.com

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:55 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

The fine print probably reads, all maintenance and repairs must be done by dealer in order to qualify for the warranty. It could get expensive in the long run.
Gman1372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:13 PM   #3

There is always a catch, you will be paying for it every time you take it in for them to perform scheduled maintenance, miss one and they are off the hook.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:20 PM   #4

I'll look into this.

The dealer already tries to up sell everyone on extended warranties. It's a huge profit machine for them. A 'hitch to bumper' forever warranty would be *very expensive*. My CW dealer wanted another 1000 bucks just to extend the warranty on the blowmax tires. I told him to blow something else.

I'm sure there are large strings on this deal.. maybe pay full MSRP or purchase an extended maintenance contract?

Would be pretty awesome if you can get 30% off MSRP out the door and a forever warranty, but something tells me this happens to nobody. The corporate lawyers and accountants won't allow it.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 05:05 PM   #5
Lost in the Woods

30%. Grrrr sore spot with me I got 19% below. Admitted lack of negotiating knowledge when buying these things.
I got blowmaxed.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:09 PM   #6

When we were looking, we shopped dealers along the east coast via the internet, visited several Camping Worlds and a couple of independent dealerships in NC. We even drove from NC to RV Direct in Buffalo, NY to look at a Greyhawk.

Decided to buy from our local Jayco dealer because of proximity (15 miles), their years in business (since 1951), because it is a family business with little turnover, their no-pressure sales folks, and the excellent reputation of their service department. It was just happenstance that they also put the Warranty Forever on their new units. We didn't buy there just to get that. We were pleased with the price negotiated and their service department has been just as competent and thorough as promised over the life of the two-year Jayco warranty.

This particular dealer does not charge for the required annual Warranty Forever inspection. I understand that some do, so I'd ask about that cost.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 05:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman1372 View Post
30%. Grrrr sore spot with me I got 19% below. Admitted lack of negotiating knowledge when buying these things.
I got blowmaxed.
Could be a lot worse, let's round it up to 20% just for psychological reasons.

Not to hijack... but if you ended up with *20%* Out the door off MSRP, that isn't bad at all in my opinion. If you were able to talk them down 20 percent, and then they tacked on all the dealer surcharges, taxes, extra warranties and you ended up only getting about 10% off MSRP Out the Door, then that blows_a_bit_more. But hey, as long as you love your camper, it's all good. My mom just bought a 7,000 dollar expresso machine from Italy.. I called her insane.

She told me that first cup of coffee was really expensive, but the rest are free. I like that mindset.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 05:45 PM   #8
Lost in the Woods

Bansai, your right. In fact NC Roamer has nothing but good things to say about his dealer, I swear with his description they could be the same place. I like my dealer, the guys up front and in the back. Great experience with them. I just hate salesman. They remind me of divorce lawyers.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:47 PM   #9

Until the warranty covers seams, seals, water intrusion, roof, etc it's not worth a thing to me.

As I understand it, the warranty forever requires inspections and all preventative service to be performed by an authorized service location. Without that documentation trail, there is no coverage.

Even if it was a free warranty with purchase, it would only last till the first inspection or maintanece period was required, because I know myself well enough to know I would jump the hoops to keep it in tact.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:40 PM   #10

Mine came with the "RV Warranty Forever" I didn't want it and the dealer said it cost them about $300-. He said they have a contract with the warranty company and will not sell a unit without it, so I went on with a pretty good deal. They had told me I could inspect it myself when I started looking, but now say I have to bring it to them annually and pay for them about $100- to inspect it. No Thanks.