Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
Originally Posted by cm11599ps View Post
Do you happen to have an iphone or ipod? If so, XM sells a device that plugs into the 12V socket. You then plug your iphone or ipod into this device and then use the XM app to listen to your stuff. You do NOT need WIFI or a cell signal for this. You simply plug a basic XM antennae into the device and you'll be listening in no time. This device can broadcast a radio signal or you can connect it with a wire to the AUX input of your TT radio. I use it in my car and it works great.

We've actually kicked that idea around. My wife and I both have iPhones and iPads. I also have a Bose Soundlink Speaker that I can sink my phone to. But everything that we've read up to this point is that it will go against our Data Plan! Streaming Music sucks the data up pretty quick.

We need to contact our phone carrier as well as XM to confirm one way or the other. If it doesn't go against our Data Plan then this is without a doubt the way to go. We can even use the AUX jax in the existing TT Radio so it pipes through the inside and outside speakers if so desired.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

John & Janine
New Brighton, PA.

2012 Jayco Super Lite 308 RETS
2013 Jayco X17Z Hybrid Jay Feather
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Oscar Mike Edition
2013 Jeep Rubicon w/Mods
308rets is offline   Reply With Quote