Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2016, 07:19 PM   #1

Sattelite Hookup Help

Will get my equipment from Dish Tomorrow. Purchased the King Tailgator and receiver. Will the booster for the antenna on the RV interfere if I hook my satellite coaxial to the port on the outside of the RV and then a jumper coaxial from the port on the inside of the RV to the back of the receiver? I know if I hook cable to this port I have to make sure the Green light is off on the Booster. If so, what are my options. I don't really want to run the coaxial in through the window. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:36 PM   #2

If it's going through the amplifier it will kill the sat signal even with the power off. You can't even use a standard splitter it had to be satellite specific.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:56 PM   #3

here is what I did. I had a new connector installed below the one from the factory, on the inside of the trailer a new cable gets hooked to the receiver and a HDMI cable ran up to the television. It goes like this. Tailgater on ground cable from tailgater to the new connector on outside of trailer, the cable that is connected to the connector on the inside of trailer to the receiver and then the HDMI cable to the television. See that way you can the Outside antenna also if you have a connection in the bedroom. Make sure if you use the connector that came with the trailer that the actual connector that you screw on to is Dish compatable. the insulation should be blue.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:59 AM   #4

Sounds like the easiest, most straight forward fix,
Thank you for the quick response.