Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #1

Savajack work well?

We just picked up our new Jayco with bike rack and had to remove the rear scissor jacks as they would scrape getting into our driveway. Any of you guys use the "Savajack" product or should we just move the rear scissor jacks forward onto the frame? Thanks!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #2

I would try and move the jacks forward. A foot or two could make a lot of difference. The rear power stabalizers on our trailer were moved forward when we had the slide out tray/bike rack installed.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
I would try and move the jacks forward. A foot or two could make a lot of difference. The rear power stabalizers on our trailer were moved forward when we had the slide out tray/bike rack installed.
Thanks. For how much it hit, I think it would have to go a few feet forward, close to where the wheels are, so didn't know if that was too far forward. That is why I'm looking to see if this quick release option might work.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #4

I know this is not your question but I added two scissor jacks to the front and it made a huge difference. How did you get the bike rack installed? Is this a aftermarket setup?
Rgriffis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgriffis View Post
I know this is not your question but I added two scissor jacks to the front and it made a huge difference. How did you get the bike rack installed? Is this a aftermarket setup?
The unit was ordered with one and was supposed to come with it on, but it arrived without one - Long story short, the dealer ended up taking one off another new Jayco trailer and installed it on ours prior to pickup.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #6

savajack

I recently installed the savajack on the rear scissor jacks of our JayFlight 32BHDS and they work great. I too had the same issue of catching the jacks on uneven roads and the savajack has eliminated my problems. I highly recommend it.
pjohnson8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #7

Another Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by modmatt View Post
We just picked up our new Jayco with bike rack and had to remove the rear scissor jacks as they would scrape getting into our driveway. Any of you guys use the "Savajack" product or should we just move the rear scissor jacks forward onto the frame? Thanks!
Have you considered adjusting your load leveler so the tongue sits lower... thus raising the rear of the trailer until you are in or out of your driveway? Not sure how much clearance you need as not to drag the stabilizer jacks. Also you don't want to drag the receiver. Just don't exceed your recommended tongue weight of your hitch/receiver. Once you are on the level re-adjust your load levelers... Its a work around if you are uncomfortable moving the jacks.
Texas Vet 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Vet 2011 View Post
Have you considered adjusting your load leveler so the tongue sits lower... thus raising the rear of the trailer until you are in or out of your driveway? Not sure how much clearance you need as not to drag the stabilizer jacks. Also you don't want to drag the receiver. Just don't exceed your recommended tongue weight of your hitch/receiver. Once you are on the level re-adjust your load levelers... Its a work around if you are uncomfortable moving the jacks.
I did install the save the jack solution and it definitely got me the clearance I needed, but If I get the angle wrong, which has happened once so far, in addition, I did use the trick of moving the WD bar chains down two links and that worked to keep the bike rack and hitch from hitting the driveway. Great tip.