Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #11
We just resolved this issue this past weekend. No matter how we placed them, on a bouncy road we would enevitably get to our destination and find that on or both chair had tipped on thier side and nicked up the top to the little end table or broke the mount to the fire extinquisher. The solution we found was to place the chairs back to back and run an appropriately sized bungey cord around them to hold them together. I got a box of assorted size wide bungey cords with plastic covered hooks at Target and found one in the box that went around both chairs with just the right tension. It actually slipped in the resessed seam between the cushions of the chair back. Got where I was going and they rode upright the whole way. I also found it useful to sit them both rugs with no-slip bottoms. I leave them on the rugs when in use. Hope this helps.

2012 Jayco Jayflight 26RLS
2011 Ford F150 XLT 4X4, 5.0 V8, 3.73 rear end
RSGentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:34 PM   #12
Ours are very heavy, and the bases do not move at all during travel. The rocking feature, however, does move, and would bang up against the wall. So, I found a hole in the stationary part of the base, put a 5/16" bolt in it, and it keeps the rocker from moving. Then just remove the bolt when we get to the CG, and all is well again.

2003 Ford F-350 V-10 Crew Cab 4WD Long Bed
2004 Jayco Designer Medallion 29 RLTS 5th wheel
Bill, Gayle, and Mindi (dachshund)
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:35 PM   #13
Site Team
We use the web strap that came with it to lash them together. They do not rock or slide.

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote