Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locky66 View Post
Hi Jason, its going to happen from time to time. Usually the best way to handle loud music is a very polite conversation. Mine would always start out with something positive like a hand shake and then maybe a compliment about his camper. Then just say something like " I like playing music also but do you think you can turn it down some. The sound does carry and I know a lot of people are here to relax and for some peace and quiet." It will usually work. Then i walk back to my camper and take off my Karate outfit i bought at Goodwill and then think the good Lord above i didnt get the tar beat out of me. A good attitude can go a long ways.
Was that conversation before or after the Segrams?.....
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #22
Site Team

Oh we have them, we just call them Holy board instead of cornhole. That has another meaning in this part of the country. lol
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:59 PM   #23

Give people the benefit of the doubt. On our first trip in the new travel trailer, we had a cool drizzly day. We spent the whole afternoon playing games with the kids, listening to music, and watching movies. I stepped outside to fire up the grill, and Nacho Libre was blasting for the whole campground. Somebody had put on inside and outside speakers.
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:45 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Couple View Post
Was that conversation before or after the Segrams?.....
Now that depends if it was before or after 9am. :-)
Old 01-27-2014, 10:19 PM   #25

We have learned over the years to try and choose campgrounds where there is less noise. Further from the city, and more wilderness seem to help.. but not always. We have also learned to go to the campground office to complain rather than take people on ourselves. Better they are told by the officials to turn it down or leave.. than have them mad at us.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:07 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
Jason, could you explain what that is?
I about died laughing when I saw this in the OP's post!!!! I was thinking, "Hmmm, what kind of campground are you staying at?"
Old 01-28-2014, 07:23 AM   #27
Site Team

You have to be careful with the outside speaker. I have a friend who was walking and could hear a x rated movie audio coming from the OS speakers.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:20 AM   #28

Quote:
Here is what I call your Me, Me, Me’s; “It is a ME first society and they are the President and CEO of their local chapter!” As they just do not realize how their actions affect others around them.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Either they don't realize (which may be excusable if amended when brought to their attention) or they don't care (inexcusable). It's like some people don't even realize that there are other people around who may have different wants/needs than their own. I just don't understand that mentality, and unfortunately sometimes I let it get under my skin.

Quote:
You have to be careful with the outside speaker. I have a friend who was walking and could hear a x rated movie audio coming from the OS speakers.
LOL!! We don't bring 'those' movies along in the trailer, but this is one of my biggest fears when we're watching a movie at night. I find myself checking the speaker config 3-4 times during a movie, just about every time I refresh my 'beverage'. I would be absolutely mortified to find out my outside speakers were on!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #29

I can sympathize with what you're saying about not wanting to be "that guy" any time you're in a campground. We actually experienced some yahoos this past summer who combined the loud, annoying music with language. All this while I was out with our 5 year old son. What made it even more ridiculous was that every time they spotted the local police or park wardens, they would turn it down to barely audible and I couldn't believe they could avoid getting caught all the time...that is, until the wardens did a walk-through at night and the offenders couldn't avoid being caught. End of problem when the drunken saps ended up bailing out the next day.

2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z-71, 6.0L, Crew Cab w/3.73's
2011 Jayco Jayflight Swift 26BH
38 Nights Camping in 2017
newrvguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #30

The biggest part of the problem of amplified music that is too loud is thoughtless or inconsiderate people. But I believe another part of the problem is the trend of so many trailer manufacturers to make exterior speakers standard. If at all, I think those should be an extra cost option. And the default setting of exterior speakers should be off, so that folks can't accidentally have them on.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:56 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
The biggest part of the problem of amplified music that is too loud is thoughtless or inconsiderate people. But I believe another part of the problem is the trend of so many trailer manufacturers to make exterior speakers standard. If at all, I think those should be an extra cost option. And the default setting of exterior speakers should be off, so that folks can't accidentally have them on.
Not only exterior speakers but many offer exterior entertainment centers. The last thing I want is someone sitting out on their patio right next to my bedroom window watching late night television.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2012 321RLTS Eagle (sold)
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:07 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzwiss View Post
Not only exterior speakers but many offer exterior entertainment centers. The last thing I want is someone sitting out on their patio right next to my bedroom window watching late night television.
See, this is something I don't understand... I get it for tailgating, but that's about it. Beyond that it seems to me to be a whole bunch of extra weight. If I want to watch TV outside my RV (like if I were tailgating), I have a coax outlet on the curb side of my RV. I can just hook a TV in and put it wherever I want. Seems to me like those outside entertainment centers are a pretty narrow market... But then my neighbor has one on his 5er and loves it... I dunno, I guess I just don't get that either...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 01-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #33

On the flipside of this story, my wife and I once stayed in a CG and watched a young family back their trailer into the spot next to us. I walked over and helped watch the rear of the rig to help guide him in. After they had gotten all the connections made and the jacks down, they came over and said hi. The Dad instructed the kids not to walk through our campsite and they were the most courteous neighbors. As I told the Mrs, there may be hope for this country after all!

2003 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat
6.0L Powerstroke V8
2013 Jayco JayFlight 24FBS
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tekonsha P3
BlueHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHaul View Post
On the flipside of this story, my wife and I once stayed in a CG and watched a young family back their trailer into the spot next to us. I walked over and helped watch the rear of the rig to help guide him in. After they had gotten all the connections made and the jacks down, they came over and said hi. The Dad instructed the kids not to walk through our campsite and they were the most courteous neighbors. As I told the Mrs, there may be hope for this country after all!
Excellent point! There are still a lot of decent people out there...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 01-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #35
Site Team

^^Yes the experience the OP had is the exception and not the rule. In all facets of life we have to deal with the occasional *******. I have been fortunate to have very few rowdy neighbors while camping over the years, even in the "big holidays". For the most part, you will not find better folks anywhere then in the RV community. But like I said, there`s always a few exceptions..
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #36

We were at a state park 2 weeks ago, our neighbor has just finished packing up everything and locked his keys in his car. It was just him and his young son. His cell phone was out of power so I loaned him mine. His wife was in church at the time. She called me back and I walked back over to him and they were able to give her directions, etc. We were away from the park for a few hours and when we got back they were gone. Anyway an hour or so later I got a text message from them (since they of course had my number). thanking me very much for the help. It was nice they took the extra few minutes to thank me. I didn't need or expect it, but it was nice. Hopefully some day he will have the chance to pay it back...

Last year we were also next to a young father and son. It was their very first time out and everything they brought was borrowed (tent camping) by the way... Anyway.. next morning we were bringing coffee, snacks, etc. over as they had forgotten all of that.. Once again very appreciative of us and thanked us profusely. As always it was our pleasure to help out...

If your ever camping next to us and need anything, come on over.. All are welcome...

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:44 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywendolyn View Post
We have also learned to go to the campground office to complain rather than take people on ourselves. Better they are told by the officials to turn it down or leave.. than have them mad at us.
X2 - common sense always prevails.
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #38

I always try to pick a spot taking full consideration of the sites around me and the possibility that noisy neighbors may be arriving at any time. This usualy prompts me to pick a very very remote area. Fortunately we really only had one really bad experience with 2 drunk campers that pulled in at 10 pm. They were very obscene in their language and challenging/confrontational to all their neighbors. It was one of the campgrounds with no rangers and a locked gate at 11 pm. We were trapped like rats. Still, most people are very decent and a pleasure to talk to.
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #39

We were in a KOA in Owen Sound in late summer and when we returned to the 5er after touring the area there was a sound that was annoying and seemed to be close to us and it had a cadence that seemed deliberate. After ruling out wind or some other naturally occurring phenomenon we walked the cc to tell whoever it was, to stop it. There were few people in the cc. I started to picture some kid with a stick hitting something like a can or metal sign. After about 20 minutes we asked a seasonal occupant what the heck the noise was. They explained that it was bells on the cattle in the field about a half mile down the long road into the cc. The owners are Swiss and in Switzerland they use the bells on the cattle to keep the coyotes and wolves away. Depending on the wind direction, you may or may not hear it. I guess the wind changed direction as the sun went down and it solved the problem.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:57 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHaul View Post
The Dad instructed the kids not to walk through our campsite
People who walk through other campers sites is one of my bigger pet peeves, and unfortunately it seems to be a behavior that many must think is fine based on how often I notice it.
sirrealone is offline   Reply With Quote