Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #1

Sink water drain

So we're getting ready for our first trip in the new Seismic. Yesterday, the wife pointed out to me that the water was not draining from the sink. Now I know it was before, but yesterday after work it didn't. She swears she didn't drop anything in the drain. The tank is definitely not full as I have it open into the yard for cleaning. The trailer is level and the bathroom drains all seem to work well.
I thought I would ask if anyone here has run into anything similar before I have to remove a partition under the sink to get at the j-traps.

Thanks,
Ken
Now with Firestone AirBags
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #2

anyway you can "snake" it???....I know those holes are small.....
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #3

DOH !!

Had a second grey water tank/release valve in the back......
Old 05-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #4

Don't feel too bad Kenny. On the maiden trip on our 2011, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how I could be hooked up to city fixtures and not get a drip of water anywhere. Messed with the water values several times, yet nothing came out of any of my sinks. After about 15 minutes of messing with everything I could think of, imagine my suprise when I just so happened to depress the main toliet foot flusher, and a GUSHER ERUPTED! Water spewed so hard it soaked everything from the ceiling to the floor. Yep, my dumb A$# had hooked the hose into my main toliet flusher instead of to the water inlet. Sometimes the best lessons learned are the ones that make us feel dumbest. Least we have somthing worthy of a good laugh down the road. I just hope noone had used the toliet during construction or prep.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrmay25 View Post
Don't feel too bad Kenny. On the maiden trip on our 2011, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how I could be hooked up to city fixtures and not get a drip of water anywhere. Messed with the water values several times, yet nothing came out of any of my sinks. After about 15 minutes of messing with everything I could think of, imagine my suprise when I just so happened to depress the main toliet foot flusher, and a GUSHER ERUPTED! Water spewed so hard it soaked everything from the ceiling to the floor. Yep, my dumb A$# had hooked the hose into my main toliet flusher instead of to the water inlet. Sometimes the best lessons learned are the ones that make us feel dumbest. Least we have somthing worthy of a good laugh down the road. I just hope noone had used the toliet during construction or prep.
You sound like you do things a lot like I do
Old 05-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

FYI for future reference,
Home Depot and Lowes has about an 18" barbed plastic thingy in the plumbing department that works great for clearing traps.
I have had a lot of luck clearing traps quickly without taking everything apart.

Best regards,
Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrmay25 View Post

Now that's funny right there.

2012 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 4X4, 3.5L Ecoboost, 3.73 (traded)
2005 Jayco 1207 (second PUP)
1976 Coleman Brandywine (first PUP)
katgar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougtoms01 View Post
FYI for future reference,
Home Depot and Lowes has about an 18" barbed plastic thingy in the plumbing department that works great for clearing traps.
I have had a lot of luck clearing traps quickly without taking everything apart.

Best regards,
Doug
It is noted. I will probably pick one up next time I'm in one of them. Can't hurt to have it on hand. Thanks !
Old 05-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #9

kat,

It's funny today, but trust me, it wasn't when it happened. LOL This was literally like the 4th time I had stepped foot in our brand new camper. Once during the walk through, and all the rest were to check for water. Seeing how a tornado hit and destroyed it 9 months later, I guess it was doomed from the start.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote