Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2016, 11:03 PM   #21

Cool Coleman...Coleman...Coleman

Coleman "Roadtrip" LXX (black) is a deluxe version that is also one of the coleman q's deemed the official grill of the National Park Foundation and has a variety of accessories. The double wide griddle is a real gem if needed for eggs, bacon, flapjacks, pizza, etc., etc. I seldom ever use my rv stove now since having this. Modified to use with my quick connect. A happy camper!
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:07 AM   #22

We bought the Weber Q200 with the fold up stand last year and converted it for quick connect to the trailer. I used it a couple of times and then I couldn't get any gas flowing. After about an hour of messing with the lines to verify I had gas coming from the TT, I looked down and found a small ring in the grass that had popped out of the gas line. Put it back in and voila, good to go.
kjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:00 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
Coleman "Roadtrip" LXX (black) is a deluxe version that is also one of the coleman q's deemed the official grill of the National Park Foundation and has a variety of accessories. The double wide griddle is a real gem if needed for eggs, bacon, flapjacks, pizza, etc., etc. I seldom ever use my rv stove now since having this. Modified to use with my quick connect. A happy camper!
Coleman now has a new grill call the X-Cursion that has a different burner pattern. Many people have complained about the "hot spots" on the normal Coleman grills such as the popular LXE model. This X-Cursion model has a burner that appears to be more typical of better made grills, as it has burners that run the length of the unit, and not just in one place like a gas stove.

We've learned to grill and cook with our LXE, so it isn't a problem for us, but for those who've had bad experiences, it would be interesting to see some reviews of this new model to see if it is any better.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:13 AM   #24
Site Team

My Q can be used either way. Only difference is the hose I use and the gas source.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:03 PM   #25

The one it came with, works great!

Dave Marskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:10 PM   #26

I use a Q120. Rather than go the quick connect path I picked up one of these:

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000SKX63U

It's much smaller/lighter and I can still use the grill on its own for car camping/etc.

They do look at it funny when I bring it in for fills though and I can't ever do a tank swap or the like.

Retired: 2014 X23B
mitechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey02 View Post
Coleman now has a new grill call the X-Cursion that has a different burner pattern. Many people have complained about the "hot spots" on the normal Coleman grills such as the popular LXE model. This X-Cursion model has a burner that appears to be more typical of better made grills, as it has burners that run the length of the unit, and not just in one place like a gas stove.

We've learned to grill and cook with our LXE, so it isn't a problem for us, but for those who've had bad experiences, it would be interesting to see some reviews of this new model to see if it is any better.
Never had any "hot spot" issue with mine. The fact that all the Roadtrip q's have cast iron components which gives a more even constant heat. The LXX that I have also allows the lid to be closed while cooking and has a thermostat vs the LXE and other Roadtrips that the lid is not made to be closed which can be a reason for uneven heat "hot spots" on windy days with any grill with any burner configuration. That was also a reason I picked the LXX. Wouldn't have any other...Love it! Either way all Coleman products are excellent!
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:35 AM   #28

For us, convenience dictated what we did. I was tired of having to buy the disposable cylinders, and the idea of lugging around another propane tank didn't appeal to me. So I converted our Q1000 to the quick connect. I liked it so much I also converted a portable propane fire pit to also run off the quick connect.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:29 AM   #29

Although large, I would not be without my Camp Chef 3 burner stove. Easily adaptable to quick connect lines or changed out to cylinder connections.

I cook everything outdoors, whether grill, Dutch oven, griddle or pot. I also have a pizza oven for it. It's heavy, but it's been the best stove I have owned to date. There are several versions to look at and I would add it to your research list.

We started with an adapted Coleman Roadtrip which rusted out in 2 years. Burners worked ok, but the cheap chrome liner pan had holes within 2 seasons. I did like the versatility, just not a fan of the construction.

If you want lightweight and mostly a grill then I would vote for a Webber Q first followed by one of the previously mentioned SS version of the RVQ's for sale in various clubs or box stores for around $99.00.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:41 AM   #30

I ended up giving the Q2200 a go. Got the stand and griddle for it as well. I am definitely a Weber fan. My home Weber grill is nearly 10 years old and still going strong.

I really didn't have much luck with the Coleman Roadtrip. One burner would never work as well as the other when it was new and now doesn't work at all. If there was any kind of wind blowing while cooking it would take forever to grill anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StarGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:17 AM   #31

Weber q1200. Excellent portable grill.
klpoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:43 PM   #32

What about the grill that came with the camper? I think that would be good?
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote