Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to 2008jeep
Someone Programed The Jensen Entertainment Center, Tell Me How

Some time ago I read a thread where someone mentioned in passing that they programed their TT's Jensen Entertainment system to play the TV through the TT's speakers, using an AUX 1 or AUX 2. Can anyone tell us how they programed the TV into the entertainment center. I have a Jayco Skylark and have the same hookups as other Jayco trailers with the booster system. In order to get reasonable sound I had to hook a set of lap top speakers to the headset outlet, but hooking the system into the entertainment center sounds so much better.

I look foward to any suggestions.
2008jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #2

When we picked up our Eagle a couple of weeks ago I asked my dealer about that. During the showout the guy connected the TV to the Jenson stero via the headphone jack on the TV and it does play through the TT speakers when the stero is on AUX. It does seem that that the TV volume control must be up pretty good before you can hear it in the the coach speakers, then you can control the volume w/the stero.

I just went and looked; I can't see the back of the stero but there is a white cable w/ 2 connectors that goes between the stero and the TV headphone jack.
Matt B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
Site Team

Mine has a cabling diagram w/ the Jenson. It does not use the headphone jack. On mine I turn down the tv speakers and use the Jenson remote to control the audio.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #4

My toshiba tv has audio out jacks. The left and right rca cable goes down to one line that plugs into an adapter for the headphone jack. The sound is controlled by the volume knob on the jenson. I put it in aux mode. It would be nice if the jenson was remote controlled through my tv remote.
equalizer 1000# hitch
bigbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #5

I should have paid more attention to your post norty1. I didn't know the jenson is remote controlled as I was not given a remote control for it. If thats the case then I could try to use my tv remote to control it.
equalizer 1000# hitch
bigbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008jeep View Post
Some time ago I read a thread where someone mentioned in passing that they programed their TT's Jensen Entertainment system to play the TV through the TT's speakers, using an AUX 1 or AUX 2. Can anyone tell us how they programed the TV into the entertainment center. I have a Jayco Skylark and have the same hookups as other Jayco trailers with the booster system. In order to get reasonable sound I had to hook a set of lap top speakers to the headset outlet, but hooking the system into the entertainment center sounds so much better.

I look foward to any suggestions.
I am not familiar with your setup but on my fiver there is an 3-way cable (audio left/right/ and video) goes to the Jensen. When I put the Jensen on AUX 1 the TV will play through the trailer speakers. AUX 2 is for the input on the front (stereo mini-plug) of the unit and AUX 3 is for the RCA audio/video inputs that are located in the curb side forward compartment. The Jensen in my fiver also has two digital inputs as well. There is a fiber optic connection as well as a coaxial digital input. I have a fiber optic cable installed due to the fact that I used to have a music system tied to the Jensen via the optic cable. Then I bought a Samsung blu-ray player that only had a coaxial digital output. Unfortunately you have to pull the unit out of the cabinet to install the cables. That is why I just left the fiber cable there in case I ever needed it again.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #7

On my skylark I simply hook the cable connection to the TV, and the yellow rca jack to video input on TV. When playing TV we get sound from TV, when playing a DVD we get sound through TT speakers. Never hooked up other cables.
rog4kneer is offline   Reply With Quote