Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-02-2014, 04:19 PM   #11
If these are the scissor type there is probably some oil or grease in the friction plate right behind the crank nut. Wash it out with solvent and it should be OK.

Chuck - Sparta, TN
2012 Jay Flight 22FB, 2 x Honda EU2000i
2013 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #12
I just left mine down and pulled out of our driveway AAARRRGGGGG

chrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:48 PM   #13
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
Is that the sound they made as they dragged across the pavement?
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab
2011 Jay Flight 26BH
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:26 AM   #14
haha pretty much. I just got a new receiver for my wdh and was in a rush to try it out for measurements with a storm coming in. ripped the inside bolts out. Could have been worse jacks are still usable.
chrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 03:31 PM   #15
I have the same problem. The left back jack on the 2005 fifth wheel just comes unwound the second I take pressure off and stop cranking. I am hoping that time and rust will fix it, because the camper is at a slight tilt right now.
QZEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:19 PM   #16
I also have a stabilizer jack that retracts itself as soon as I take off the wrench. I have learned to just adjust it every so often. I have a 2012 jayflight 26rks.
tj3829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:38 PM   #17
I've got the same problem. It isn't soft ground, and recranking doesn't help because it unwinds immediately. Thanks for the idea about the friction plate. I will spray some contact cleaner on it to get any grease off of it and see if that helps.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 11:54 AM   #18
Hi All,

I am having the same issue with the stabilizer jacks on our 2015 Jayco 26BHS. It has been a problem for over a year now. I haven't had time to get it back into the dealer to have them take a look at it, so I bought four vice-grips and have to use those to clamp back-end of the screws to keep them from backing out every time we use the camper - it's getting old.

I called the dealer and am waiting for them to call me back to schedule a service appointment. With work and other obligations, it's going to be a pain to drive the 120 miles round-trip to demonstrate what is going on with the jacks. It would probably be cheaper/faster to replace all four with BAL jacks.

I called Jayco today and they said the jacks on my unit were provided by a company called Crystal Valley Sales. I called Crystal Valley directly to talk to them and they had never heard of an issue like this.

I'm wondering if anybody with the same issue got it resolved and what the problem was. I did find an exploded parts diagram for the BAL jacks and they have show an "o-ring brake" between the thrust bearing and the spacer bearing washer. This is where the "slippage" seems to occur when my jack screws back out once I put them down - I don't have anything like that o-ring at all on mine.

Kind regards,
Chris Charles

Camping Blessings,

2015 Jayco 26BHS
2006 Ford E350 w/ K&N Cold Air intake and SCT X4 Tuner (running custom tow tune w/ OD lockout)
charlesfarm is offline   Reply With Quote