Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2015, 08:15 PM   #1

Started out as one of those weekends!

We were camping this weekend at Moose Lake State Park (MN), It started out as one of those weekends you wish you could start over. Got to camp unhooked the HTT, as the DW was lowering the tongue, the HTT rolled. Had two wheels chocked installed only on one side as the other side was up on blocks, and they did not fit good. Well, the non-chocked wheels rolled about 6”. The tongue board slipped forwards luckily. Been meaning to buy two more wheel chocks, for both sides. Just have to figure a good way to use them when up on blocks. Often I use a bit of fire wood, just had not done that yet! First campout of the year, and out of our routine.

Plug in the TT, never noticed we did not have power until I went to warmup dinner in the microwave. It’s the first campout for the year so, I checked the breakers first, then noticed we had an open neutral on the power pedestal. There was no ranger on duty, so we wandered the CG looking for a nice alternative site. Luckily there was only 5 others in camp, so we had lots of choices. The inside was all setup for the weekend, so we packed up the trailer redneck style. Pulled the awning and slide in also the front bed was made , so slide it on the dinette, and closed the front bunk. The rear bunk was left down as we moved to a different site. I think it took about 5 minutes to close up the HTT, about the same to hook up without the bars. Around the loop we went, backed in to the new site, leveled, and I think we were setup in about 10-12 minutes. It took more time to find the new site then to move.

Other than that, it turned out to be a good weekend.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:34 AM   #2

Don't ya just love camping.

David & Sandy Hinkle
2014 X23B
2007 Honda Ridgeline Traded
2016 F150 Max Tow, Tow mirrors
dhinkle57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:43 AM   #3

Glad your weekend went well, we use x chocks on our TT. Works extremely well especially when we use the levelling blocks. I also use a surge protector if we go to a powered site but we mostly dry camp.
BCx213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:13 AM   #4

I would recommend the X-chock from BAL for your lifted side.
jaycojls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:38 AM   #5

We bought one of those between-the-wheel chocks last year for just that reason, our chocks wouldn't work well on the wheel on the blocks. I would second and third the suggestions above.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:03 AM   #6

I'm glad we're not the only ones who are a little "out of sorts" on the first trip of the season. It just seems like you need a couple trips to get "in the rhythm", and setup takes less and less time and gets easier throughout the season, the you start all over next year!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:13 AM   #7

My portable EMS goes into the plug before I do anything else. It has a 2 minute delay (while it checks the electrical system), and then displays the voltage or any problems that may exist. While it's doing that, I set the chocks (I use a piece of 4 x 4 on the raised side), but not much else. That way I don't invest a lot of time in setting up if I do have to move.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:38 AM   #8

Not so bad as you only lost bit of time. We are doing our maiden trip with new trailer this Sunday at Willow SP in WI...

Larry J
LarryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:49 AM   #9

We have a set of off brand x-Chocks, just were not installed yet, our normal routine was not in sync yet. The bad part about the power was I checked it as the DW was cranking up the tongue to unhook. I thought it read it was fine, but I recall thinking I never heard the normal beep when we power up. Oh well, Friday was a little rough, but we got two tries to practice!

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote