Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2015, 01:07 PM   #1

Starting to worry

And get a little upset as well. We purchased a 264BH about a month ago, got all paperwork and about 10 days later received title in the mail. Took it up to tag agency and the woman behind the counter said she could do the process however title had an existing lien on it from a previous owner?! I called owner of business where I purchased it and he apologized and told me to send it back and he would take care of it. That was about 10 days ago. I sent it certified mail. I contacted him today and he was like, Hmmmm, I should have received the lien release on this from the bank, let me contact them again. starting to get a little annoyed and worried. Any ideas? Am I screwed if I cannot get that released?
Coach33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:13 PM   #2

First, calm down. You only have to worry about a lien on your title when it comes time to sell it.

Stay on top of the dealer until all of the paperwork is absolutely correct.

Did you happen to keep a copy of the paperwork that was sent to you? Was the VIN on everything correct?

Paperwork SNAFU's are getting much more common in this digital age (I teach computers how to be helpful around the office). People have gotten lax at their jobs since "the computer did it."

So, chillax. You can still use your RV. But stay on top of it until ALL the paperwork is done properly.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:14 PM   #3

hope he gave you a bill of sale being you sent the title back to him I would contact a lawyer if I were you
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:51 PM   #4

Wondering how this situation has been resolved as 2 business days have passed since your phone call to that RV dealer. It could be very serious and contacting a lawyer was certainly very good advice. Irregardless of any opinions or things that are said to you, unless that lien is removed/settled by the previous owner, that RV belongs to that lien holder. I wish you well in this and hope this goes well for you.
Oklahoma Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike837go View Post
First, calm down. You only have to worry about a lien on your title when it comes time to sell it.

So, chillax. You can still use your RV. But stay on top of it until ALL the paperwork is done properly.
What the OP is worried about in not his title Its getting the title from the seller put in the OP's name which can't be done as there is a lien still on the title. I would say he has much to be worried about
Old 07-03-2015, 04:28 PM   #6
Site Team

I would be following up but not panicked. It is a holiday week and many are on vacation.

Cautious optimism is the mindset I would be in.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:09 PM   #7

Yes, all good on what has just been said. The cautious optimism well advised as long as this is a reputable dealer who remains in business. Contrary to what was said, the OP must be concerned about receiving clear title to the RV, (there must be a lien release in writing from the lien holder) otherwise OP will not be the owner, will not be able to obtain legal registration, license, or insurance and will forfeit possession of the RV back to this original lien holder who will be looking for it. Actually, there is no excuse for what has been sloppy book work and the nonchalant attitude the dealer gave this good fellow which to me is a red flag. Not a few years ago I watched a large RV dealership in my town here go away in the night and the mess it left behind for the innocent with their hard earned money. But these things with title can happen so this will most likely go well in the end.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:45 PM   #8

I have no idea of the laws in Oklahoma as it appears that is where the OP is from. But here in PA if I take the Title from the previous owner and I can't get that title placed in my name due to a lien on the title that therefore means I can't get tags and can not place the RV on the road. If Oklahoma has similar procedures I would say that is something to be very worried about.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:57 PM   #9

Yes, same goes here in Oklahoma. But the odds are likely though that this dealer paid off the lender but did not get the Lien Release document. Most probably what is going on here.