Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2017, 08:33 PM   #1

Stay away from CamperTrailerSupply!

I decided to purchase a Progressive Dynamics PD9245CV to charge my batteries instead of my dumb converter. We plan on doing a lot of boondocking this year and will have to charge the batteries with the generator. I will be installing it in my front compartment close to my batteries and my camper disconnect switch I installed. I was all excited when I purchased it off of Amazon until I received the unit. The box it came in was just a shipping box. Not a manufactures box. Kind of weird but when I pulled it out, there was no charge wizard remote pendant with it. From my understanding the CV models include this. As I was getting frustrated I also noticed No Serial Number on the unit. I had to google the location of the serial number on the unit and you guessed it, there was a sticky spot where the serial number was supposed to be. I already called Amazon and told them what was going on. The return process has already been started. I ordered it from a 3rd party on Amazon. Stay away from CamperTrailerSupply!! I was all excited to install it but will have to wait a few more weeks until I get a new one. Rant over lol
steiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:43 PM   #2

One has to be careful buying from third party sellers on Amazon. If they are not an Authorized Dealer you don't get a warranty, always ask and have them prove they are an Authorized reseller for the product you are interested in.. I sell many items on Amazon and have to follow very strict rules which is great protection for buyers.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:01 PM   #3

I definitely learned the hard way. I don't know why you would sell something without a serial number. I don't know if this unit is stolen or used or what.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
steiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:18 AM   #4

IF the order is not(( fulfilled by Amazon )) I Will Not buy ,been down that road before
I look at the ad very close as to where its coming from ....
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:24 AM   #5

I use Amazon a lot frequently buying for both home and work. I strongly feel they need to crack down on these third party sellers and also the fake reviews. Some people are paying attention and know the difference between a third party seller and sold by Amazon but many do not. Either way though when this stuff happens it hurts their reputation and people can easily lose trust.

2022 33RBTS
howlin4you is offline   Reply With Quote