Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #1

Switching out the jayco sofa?

Hi friends
I am wondering if anyone has ever replaced, or at any time pulled out your jayco Jack knife sofa?
My one pet peeve on our trailer is that the particular Jack knife sofa that came with it, has no proper arms on the side, so our pillows fall off, and you cant lean back against the side of the sofa. I have began at this point to consider replacing it, or having it modified.. looking for advice.
Thanks
Lady W

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #2

I'm with you on the Jack knife sofa. Our solution was two rather large pillows that we bought from Costco. They sell them in pairs in a large bin for about 15 dollars. The ones we bought were a dark tan color that matched the same color in the sofa The pillows have lots of support. We open it up to lay down on it, otherwise it's not deep enough to be comfortable.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #3

Ours has arm rests, but the sofa is very uncomfortable to sit in any length of time. The front of the seats sag down when you sit in them and one's butt slides forward. I have tried several experiments aimed at raising the front of the seats. That does help, but only marginally because the seats are cantilevered and the front hangs out in space.

The problem is that on the 25Z, the slide is not on floor level because it is over the wheels. So it is difficult to find any off the shelf replacements that will fit and work. We have never used it for sleeping and I was thinking of using a couple of pedestal chairs and mounting them on the slide floor without the pedestal bases. I would then build a custom "table" or "bureau" between the chairs. I have not found the right chairs yet to do that and am a little worried about not having the ability to sleep more people when we eventually sell the trailer.

I'm not opposed to changing to some kind of plywood structure with loose cushions.

John & Nancy
Jay Feather 25Z 2007
Ford F-150 XLT 5.4 Triton 2008
TeamFoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #4

My DW replaced our sofa bed with a love seat recliner- She finds it more comfortable- She found it at a store in Mesa, Az. that specializes in rv and park model furniture- It works out for tv time but we can no longer have adult overnite guests- JMHO- DD