Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-16-2016, 04:04 PM   #1
Site Team

Tampa rv show

Just got back from the South East's biggest RV show in Tampa. Spent all morning looking at what is out there this year. A lot of nice ones. Favorite was a 44' fiver, only $149K. Second favorite is the 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLFS, with the front living room... makes it look so big inside.

I want to pick up a smaller TT for our short trips, while leaving the bigger one at the mountain site. A major issues when it comes to a 16-19' TT's, the interior height, and fridge size. Being 6'2" it pretty much eliminated more than 1/2 of the smaller TT's. Even Jayco had a few without the needed height.

...But I did find our next TV. It was a great day to walk around sunny and in the mid 70's.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
TV - Dreamer.jpg  
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 04:55 PM   #2

If I owned one, not sure I'd ever want to stop driving. Search for RV Haulers on YouTube and your desire to own one might just reach the unbearable zone.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 08:05 AM   #3

Mustang65:
I was at the Tampa show Fri and sat. Except for Fri morning weather was perfect. I remember seeing your TV. That's a monster! Nice!
I put a deposit down on a 36FBTS. I am very apprehensive about to maneuver such a big rig. It is 40'-10" long! Am I going to overly limited on campsites available? I'm afraid I will be limited to "Parking lot style" camping. Do you have experience with one that size? Anyone else please chime in.
I hadn't planned to buy such a big rig yet (plan was to shop this year for education and buy next year) - their sales people are very god at twisting one's arm but I think I got a very good deal on a new 2015 (manufactured 3/15).
KYCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:23 AM   #4

West Palm Beach RV Show

Going to be in Fort Lauderdale next month and see that the West Palm Beach RV Show will be on while we are there. I think it is easy driving distance. Anyone been to this show? Thoughts?
Harreec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harreec View Post
Going to be in Fort Lauderdale next month and see that the West Palm Beach RV Show will be on while we are there. I think it is easy driving distance. Anyone been to this show? Thoughts?
Dang it, that's the week after I leave.
2016 Sunset Trail Super Lite ST250RB for sale
Next unit: Jayco Eagle 336fbok
FishAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:15 AM   #6
Site Team

To give you an idea as to how many people went to the Tampa RV show on Saturday (best weather day). It was crowded when I was walking around and when I was leaving the fair grounds, the line was backed up to the interstate (I4), which is about a mile. I got to the top of the (I4) overpass and looked toward Orlando (east) and there were cars stopped in the slow lane for as far as the eye could see (about another mile). It was crazy. I usually go on a Thursday mornings when everyone is working.
Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:39 PM   #7

We went to the Mid America RV show in Kansas City this past Thursday. WOW ! We had never been to one before and we both could not believe how many units were there. Since we just purchased our used Jayco 1 year ago, we were not thinking of moving up BUT, the sales people were mighty enticing. No we did NOT buy but, if we use our Jayco enough this summer we MAY consider it next year. Oh yeah, I walked around outside the show in short sleeved shirt Thursday and it was 61 degrees. Woke up to 12 degrees with -8 degree wind chill this morning !!!
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote