Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-21-2016, 09:24 AM   #1

Theater Seat Measurements Help

Hi all,

We're considering replacing our 2 recliners with theater seats. The recliners are becoming difficult to move during set-up and break down.

Our floor plan (361REQS) has the L-shaped couch on the opposite side of the recliners and I'm trying to determine if there is sufficient room (depth) for the theater seat when the slides are closed.
I'm afraid there may not be sufficient room and that's why Jayco didn't offer the theater seat as an optional upgrade in our floor plan.

For those that have theater seats, could you provide me with the measurements of:

(1) Wall to back of theater seat, that is so the theater seat can be reclined without hitting the wall.

(2) Wall to front of theater seat when in a non-reclining position.

(3) What is the overall width (from side to side) of the theater seats.

Thank-you in advance for your help.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:51 PM   #2

I don't have then but have been looking, I was at Quartzsite a couple days ago.
1. from 0 to 5" Zero clearance and the most I found was 5" from wall
2. ? Didn't take this one but they are like sitting in chairs various sizes
3. 58" up the smaller the area (width wise) the harder to find, I need 60" or less

Try local furniture shops I sat in a number of them and some just didn't fit. The shops have lots of options and can custom order color and fabrics. I found seats with controls to the seat side and most to the outside. I also found they are dong electric recliners so it eliminate the manual handle. The backs need to be removable to get them through the smaller RV doors in separate pieces. Hope that helps.
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd505 View Post
I don't have then but have been looking, I was at Quartzsite a couple days ago.
1. from 0 to 5" Zero clearance and the most I found was 5" from wall
2. ? Didn't take this one but they are like sitting in chairs various sizes
3. 58" up the smaller the area (width wise) the harder to find, I need 60" or less

Try local furniture shops I sat in a number of them and some just didn't fit. The shops have lots of options and can custom order color and fabrics. I found seats with controls to the seat side and most to the outside. I also found they are dong electric recliners so it eliminate the manual handle. The backs need to be removable to get them through the smaller RV doors in separate pieces. Hope that helps.
Hi Edd505,

Thanks for the reply and suggestions. All good information that we'll take into considerations.

We haven't started to look at furniture stores yet, but plain to if we confirm the theater seat will fit.

A theater seat we found on Wayfair.com requires 41.5" minimum from wall to front of seat. So I plan to use that measurement and the seats overall measurements of 40" H x 67.5" W x 35" D as a starting point to see if we have sufficient room even to consider one.

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:55 PM   #4

I have looked at Wayfair and the prices are good but after sitting in a couple I don't think I will buy with out sitting in one first. Some just seem to sit better. Wife bought a love seat years ago, she loves it and my back hates it. I have 42" to the window, 60W and depth is no issue only distance from the wall to be able to recline the seats. Good luck with the hunt.
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd505 View Post
I have looked at Wayfair and the prices are good but after sitting in a couple I don't think I will buy with out sitting in one first. Some just seem to sit better. Wife bought a love seat years ago, she loves it and my back hates it. I have 42" to the window, 60W and depth is no issue only distance from the wall to be able to recline the seats. Good luck with the hunt.
Edd505,

Excellent point about trying before buying. We'll definitely take your advice on that.
The other concern I had about buying from Wayfair was if the color was a good match.
I agree with you, much better to see and try what you're buying before buying it.