Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2015, 10:30 AM   #11
Site Team
Originally Posted by gypsmjim View Post
I found this to be a funny thread. We have had an oldie for 27 years now, and always relied on a single propane light. The foolish thing would get dimmer and dimmer and needed to have the orifice cleaned at least twice per year.

Our new SLX 195 has EIGHT LED lights. My wife can now do her knitting while we watch TV in the evening. And when we come in after the campfire, I can merely flip a switch and the whole inside of the trailer is illuminated.

Love these newfangled gadgets...
You know there is a flush toilet in the other room too! No more night trips to the woods. LOL

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:23 PM   #12
I hate LED lighting. I bought a life time supply of 100 and 60 watt bulbs for my stick house before they were outlawed. Like 4 for a dollar. I also have several dimmers that are hooked into the lamps in my stick house and in my TT. Almost every light in my house to include the kitchen and bathrooms are on dimmers.

I also dislike the brightness of overhead lighting in the TT and have several smaller lights for reading in the bedroom and main living area also on dimmers.

No LED lights for me!

2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Litre DoubleCab
6 speed, 4.30 Limited Slip, Tow Package
2013 Jayco White Hawk 27DSRL
2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:57 AM   #13
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
You know there is a flush toilet in the other room too! No more night trips to the woods. LOL
NOOOO. We converted the toilet seat to a shelf and that's where we store our duffle bags.

We boondock - the trailer is permanently set up. No where to dump the stuff and water is in limited supply. The bushes have worked all these years...

gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote