Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #1

to wax or not???

I have read so many opinion's on the subject. Some say wax is bad for the graphic's and will cause them to curl. They sell a 303 areospace spray that does not damage the graphics. But is that what i should use ont the entire camper or just the parts with the graphics? I want to protect my investment and have a good loooking camper a long time to come. Any thought's??
LOON17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #2

I have always used and will only use Meguiars products. I use it on my Trailer, Trucks and Cars. I have been using their products for over 9 years now on my vehicles. I have only been using it on my Trailer for the past three years. I have not heard any negative responses for the decals.
I can not comment on 303 products because I have never used their products. So I guess I did not really answer your question. Sorry

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #3

I use a wax specifically produced for RV's I pick up at a local shop... have faithfully waxed my fiberglass 10 year old TT at least twice per year and never had an issue with the decals curling, although I did always take extra care around them and NEVER used a pressure washer.

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #4

I think you have to be careful what you use on the decals. I used Nu-Finish paste wax on my outboard motor cover (which is fiberglass with decals - very similar to the trailer) and the edges of the decals began to peel during the season. I think something in the wax "attacked" the decal. So on the trailer, I make sure the wax stays clear of the decals, and use the 303 spray on the decals and tires ...

So far no problem .....
2018 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.2 gas
Bailey (Std. Poodle 12 yrs) and Zeke (PartiPoodle 6 yrs)
WiliWali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #5

At the risk of sounding like a "know it all" I asked a Jayco rep when making an appointment to have some work done at the factory about waxing over the graphics (decals). I was told to [not] wax the graphics as it may cause them to blister. With this in mind I've stayed away from getting wax on any of the graphics. I'm not saying this is gospel but that's what I was told by one Jayco Customer Representative.
RR Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:52 PM   #6

I use protect all products on my entire unit.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:23 PM   #7

hmmm... interesting. After inspecting my new, unwashed, unwaxed & otherwise untouched TT seems the decals are just a bit different than what I had on the old one... the decals were quite thick on the Aerolite compared to what appear to be pretty thin stickers on the Jayco. If the dealer says 'no' to wax on the decals, I'm good with that!

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote