Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-28-2017, 01:12 PM   #21
Site Team

My TST system came with 4 sensors standard. I bought 4 more. Works great w/o a signal booster.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 02:28 PM   #22

After reading thru some of the TPMS material, some recommend all metal valve stems due to weight of the sensors. Now I'm confused. Do they make any sensors that work with the normal rubber valve stems?
Old 05-28-2017, 02:39 PM   #23

Tpms $90 vs $300...

Tireminder tm66-m4. I needed or at least i wanted the booster for my setup. $250 and love it.

And i am using rubber valve stems!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:32 AM   #24

If anyone looking for a TPMS system is interested. I just bought the Tireminder Smart TPMS. If you are a Good Sam member, there is a coupon for $50.00 off, at Camping World, on the website. Has to be used in store or via phone order. With the coupon, I paid just under $300.00 before the state extortion fee!! Installed yesterday, pretty easy to do. Only issue is one sensor must be bad, so I have to call Tireminder tomorrow for hopefully replacement. I bought and like the system, because I didn't need another monitor in the TV. Starting to look like an airplane cockpit now with all the screens.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:46 PM   #25

I seen that on Amazon for $170.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:09 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldenuftoknowbetter View Post
I just purchased this TPMS on Amazon:

Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Solar Powered + 4 External Sensor Tire Pressure Wireless Intelligent LCD Display System 4 Tires' Pressure and Temperatureture Real-time Anti-Theft Locking

It was only $58.99. No ratings. I figured it was worth a try. I'm installing it today.

Question...It calls for me to set the upper and lower alarm points for the tire pressure. What would be a good range? 5 lbs either way? I don't want the thing going off unnecessarily.
Drove from NC to Atlanta (Stone Mountain Stare Park) yesterday. Picked up a screw in a tire about 70 miles from destination. The tire monitor didn't pick up on the deflation. Luckily, a trucker saw the deflation and let me know. My new TPMS monitor is going to be returned. Lesson learned.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:47 AM   #27

Quote:
Drove from NC to Atlanta (Stone Mountain Stare Park) yesterday. Picked up a screw in a tire about 70 miles from destination. The tire monitor didn't pick up on the deflation. Luckily, a trucker saw the deflation and let me know. My new TPMS monitor is going to be returned. Lesson learned.
Do you think it had lost 5 lbs. below set point yet when you noticed it (assuming that you set it where you said you were thinking about)?

With the temperature and pressure rise, your tire was definitely above cold pressure set point, so you would have had to lost that excess air plus 5 psi for it to alarm, corect?

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:54 AM   #28
Site Team

Good decision. Your family and possessions are to important to go cheap on a tire monitor.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:34 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nOZ View Post
Do they make a four sensor TPMS that doesn't require the installation of a booster? F250 pulling a 27DSRL. Would like to purchase one before our next trip.
I have the A1A and I connected the booster directly to the battery with a quick disconnect. Used plastic ties to tie the booster to the A-Frame beside the battery box. Have never lost a signal.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:20 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
I have the A1A and I connected the booster directly to the battery with a quick disconnect. Used plastic ties to tie the booster to the A-Frame beside the battery box. Have never lost a signal.

I was looking at this same one, can you set the high and low pressure on this?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
The booster coming with my TireMinder has alligator clips for direct connection to the battery.

I'd rather use ring terminals, but I also think that there should be some sort of in-line fuse on the 12V+ for the booster. I can't imagine why TM thinks it's a good idea to hook a device directly to the battery with no overcurrent protection, but I called them and that's basically what they told me.......

Since it only pulls about .25ma, I'm going to see if I can find a 1-amp mini blade fuse and use a weather-proof inline holder. So far the smallest I've found is 5a.

I've search a lot online but can't find much info on how everyone is wiring up the boosters.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:56 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tundra View Post

I've search a lot online but can't find much info on how everyone is wiring up the boosters.

Replaced the alligator clips with one of these from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has a built in fuse and plugs into an outlet near the front of my 5th wheel. Works great.
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:49 AM   #33

Quote:
Do you think it had lost 5 lbs. below set point yet when you noticed it (assuming that you set it where you said you were thinking about)?

With the temperature and pressure rise, your tire was definitely above cold pressure set point, so you would have had to lost that excess air plus 5 psi for it to alarm, corect?
The monitor was showing full inflation while I was looking at a completely deflated tire. It was bad enough that a passing trucker noticed it. Thank God for that!
oldenuftoknowbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:55 AM   #34

Quote:
The monitor was showing full inflation while I was looking at a completely deflated tire. It was bad enough that a passing trucker noticed it. Thank God for that!
Ugh....yeah, kinda pointless eh ?

Old 06-07-2017, 09:09 AM   #35

Just ordered the smart tireminder. Like one other has said I do not want another tv on the dash. I use my iPhone for navigation so with smart running in the background if a tire has a problem it will send a push notification. Just one less thing to be glancing at.
Rock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 11:05 AM   #36

Quote:
Ugh....yeah, kinda pointless eh ?
The story continues...

After I installed the spare, I placed the tire sensor on the spare an completed my journey. The monitor still showed 50 lbs. After setting up camp, I went to Walmart and had the flat tire repaired. After I put the repaired tire in the truck, the tire monitor signaled deflation warning. Now keep in mind that at this time I am several miles from my trailer and the tire sensors are on the trailer tires back at camp.

Four days later, I re-installed the tire on the trailer and moved the sensor to the trailer tire from the spare. The tire monitor is still showing deflation. About 150 miles into my return trip, the sensor resets and shows normal inflation.

Needless to say, this TPMS is going back.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:12 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
I have EXACTLY that set, I used it all last year on my 33' long White Hawk and had no problems, it worked flawlessly. Looking forward to using it again this year.

If you get this you may notice that sometimes a tire isn't reporting air pressure, especially when you first hitch up. Don't panic. The sensors go dormant to preserve battery life and they need to move a few rotations in order to start sending a signal again. I also love the audible alarm feature on this set.
Have you had any tire failures while using this TPMS? I had a tire failure first time out with a new TPMS and it failed terribly. Luckily a truck driver signaled me about the flat (screw through tread...completely deflated) before it shredded.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:04 PM   #38

I have the TireMinder Smart TPMS and am very pleased with it. I opted to wire my booster into the rear license plate light circuit so the booster is only on when the ignition is on. Haven't had any indications of signal loss. The booster is mounted on the frame just in front of the rear license plate. Usually once a day while I'm travelling, I'll have the app perform a "search" just to do a refresh.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 12:28 PM   #39

Quote:
Have you had any tire failures while using this TPMS? I had a tire failure first time out with a new TPMS and it failed terribly. Luckily a truck driver signaled me about the flat (screw through tread...completely deflated) before it shredded.
Thankfully, no tire failures with this TPMS, but it definitely tracks psi in real time and the readings match two tire pressure gauges exactly. I change the batteries every season just to ensure they keep doing their job. It's been 2 seasons, can't complain yet. I guess my only complaint is that I wish the display was a little brighter.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:17 PM   #40

I credit my Minder TPMS with saving the day twice. The first time was a spectacular failure. Roughly 2/3 of the tread departed the tire. The remote started flashing its red light and squealing like an unhappy hog. I glanced in the driver-side mirror and could see the tread behind me and it had not come to rest in the roadway yet. On the brakes and headed for the shoulder I got the rig safely stopped before the flailing remanents (mostly steel cords) could do any damage. My neighbor was less fortunate. He was alerted by a passing motorist of his shredded tire. From the wheel well area inside his TT he was able to see the ground.

Short version is my TPMS alerted me virtually instantly of the failure.

Just to make sure I got the message loud and clear a second tire failed about 70 miles down the road. It was a long, painful, expensive day but my 5th came thru without damage!

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote