Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #1

Thumbs up Trailer Life Subscription

I'm considering subscribing to Trailer Life Magazine (the hard copy they mail to your house). Of those who subscribe, do you enjoy reading it?
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #2

I enjoy reading Trailer Life, and will renew my subscription. There is always something of interest pertaining to towing and camping. Some times I think the technical articles, retrofits, add-ons, etc., go beyond what the average reader will try and accomplish, but they are well written and interesting.

Another feature I like is the links it provides to things I might otherwise never have thought of. It might be a product, service, campground, RV based community, or just anything related. I enjoy browsing those kinds of things.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #3

I subscribed to TL for years. I found the trips to aimed to out west, and the trailers aimed to larger luxury trailers. The tips and tech articles were great but after many years they tended to repeat themselves. Just get a one year subscription, but that's just my opinion
Old 01-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #4

I go hot and cold on trailer life. Sometimes I tire of it, but most of the time I enjoy it. I always sit to leaf through quickly when it first arrives, then later I take my time and read through cover to cover over a period of days. And the subscription (and especially resubscription) price is so ridiculously low that I signed up for three years. As part of going to an rv show,we got a 6 month subscription to Camping Life for free, and then that magazine ceased publication...so they extended our TrailerLife subscription for another 6 months.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #5

Usually read all of it since there are less ads than there used to be.

Tracking campgrounds with Ultimate Campground Log
dalenoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #6

You guys sold me. :nike:
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #7

I subscribed to the TL mags for years, there is always something of interest in it. I now find it much cheaper to get the digital edition for my iPad. It's only 1.99 an issue and around 15 dollars for a year. You can buy back issues for the same. Another mag I get is Motorhome which is the same price. The nice part is the digital issues come a month before the copies in the store. I have the Feb. issue of TL now. I buy the hard copy of is RV Magazine. It has become better with every issue. Even better than TL on occasion. You can buy a digital issue of RV MAG off of Zino. It is around 5 dollars an issue. Hope this helps.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote