Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2015, 07:20 AM   #31
Originally Posted by Touch N Go View Post
If your trailer is park at your home., your home Ins covers your TT. When on the road your TT Ins takes over. I was told that by Farmers Ins.
Be careful and read what your coverage says. My insurance on my truck covers me if my trailer causes damage to someone or something else... but it doesn't cover the cost to repair or replace my trailer. In order to cover damage to my trailer, I have to have a separate policy.

spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:36 AM   #32
Another thing to consider is, although unlikely, if your trailer should become detached from your tv while traveling down the highway. If the trailer has no coverage and hits another vehicle and possibly injures someone or worse, who pays ? I have seperate coverage even on the small cargo trailer we tow with our Gold Wing motorcycle. I am a "belt and suspenders" kind of guy !

Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:10 AM   #33
Checking out insurance for new 20MRB. Have quotes from Foremost, Progressive, waiting on Geico. Good Sam appears to be 1/2 the price for similar (or better) coverage. Am I missing something?
2015 White Hawk 20MRB
2006 F150 SCREW
eightOsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:35 PM   #34
This thread interested me because we have ordered our first trailer ever, and I value good insurance for peace of mind. Called our insurer of 40+ years (USAA) and learned they have excellent coverage at very reasonable rates for us here in rural Minnesota. I hate shopping for insurance, so this was particularly nice for me to hear. Thank you for posting this thread.
G&BOlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:38 PM   #35
I just got a quote yesterday from GEICO for additing insurance for my new Jacyo 23RB from my auto insurance company and it will cost me $34.57/month ($414.84)...and that's using it for work related purposes (240 days out of the year, 15000+ miles). The only deduction was for the addition of home-style burglar alarm/monitoring. Also should note, my auto insurance is MUCH higher in Montana than it was in Wisconsin for some reason.

Bodily Injury Liability $100,000 per person/$300,000 per occurrence
Medical Payments $10,000 per occurrence
Property Damage Liability $50,000 per occurrence
Uninsured Motorist & Underinsured Motorist $100,000 per person/$300,000 per occurrence
Comprehensive $1,000 deductible
Collision $1,000 deductible
Emergency Road Service
Rental Reimbursement
$15000 additional rider for damage to items carried within the travel trailer

Todd Klassy
Todd Klassy is offline   Reply With Quote