Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #1

TT front window seal

I've just purchased a 1999 Jayco Qwest 294J with a front window. After some rain here in AZ yesterday, I noticed the front window leaking, not bad, but nevertheless leaking. It does have the "rock guard" protector, which I think has a bad seal on it that's letting the water into the window seal. When the water in the window seal reaches the old white window seal the water starts coming in the trailer.

Question:

Has anyone dealt with this problem that could give me some pointers like, which "rock guard" seal to use and also which white window seal to use?

I'm thinking I should also pick up some Butyl tape and reseal the entire window. Which width do you recomend?
chopshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #2

Somewhere in the bowels of this forum there is a video of someone replacing rv window and rock guard, but it's been a few years. While waiting for others to post here, give Jayco a call and see what they recommend. Also, Youtube has several different video's to help rv'ers with rock guard and window seal info. Have fun with your project

Here's a youtube video that may help others reading this thread that are considering seal DIY.

[video=youtube;Y3cotw1F8Ww]
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote