Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-08-2016, 04:58 PM   #1

two Thermostats....Why

I have a 2009 Greyhawk 31GS. There is one main thermostat in the kitchen area and one in the bedroom. Someone please tell me what the one in bedroom does? I do not see where it controls anything.

Thank you
Tobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 05:06 PM   #2

Is there a "Fantastic Vent" fan in the ceiling? Some are thermostatically controlled.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobster View Post
I have a 2009 Greyhawk 31GS. There is one main thermostat in the kitchen area and one in the bedroom. Someone please tell me what the one in bedroom does? I do not see where it controls anything.

Thank you
We have the same (Coleman digital) and they each control an AC unit. They also both have a Heat setting but only the kitchen area thermostat controls the single furnace.
We also have one of the Fantastic Fan thermostats (Honeywell analog) as Grumpy mentioned on the wall opposite the kitchen which controls the unit above the cab. It's a fully powered vent where the cover opens automatically and the fan starts.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Is there a "Fantastic Vent" fan in the ceiling? Some are thermostatically controlled.
It Does Grumpy.....That may be it!, never gave that a thought! Ill check that out tomorrow....Thank you!
Tobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 12:39 PM   #5

Our 30.5RLS has a second thermostat in the bedroom that was installed by a previous owner. There is a selector switch in the living room. Switch it to the bedroom thermostat at night and the furnace/ac is controlled by the temp in the bedroom where you are, not by the temp in the living room where you ain't. Sort of like 2 zone heating in a house.
harryjr is offline   Reply With Quote