Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #1

Unbelievable

I went to camping World today and bought four new sizzor type stabilizers and replaced my OEM light duty units. It took only about one hour and a half to complete the job. The difference in the movement of the TT is unbelievable. I can walk through the TT without the blinds moving.
The TT is an 03 Jayco Kiwi Too it had very light weight stabilizers the replacements are the 6000 lb units. An over kill but it works for me.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:22 PM   #2

Bubbdan,

After our very first camp out in our new 26BH, I purchased 2 X Chock tire chocks from camping world and that really took a lot of the movement out. I am going to investigate those new scissors also. Thanks for sharing!

Home base... Hondo, Texas

2010 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2009 Ford FX4
4 Point Equil-i-zer hitch
https://www.armadillotimes.com
Hondopatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:40 AM   #3

G-Ma really notice the deference, cause when I walked around and she was in bed she would bounce around like a BB on a 4 lane highway now she can sleep.
The next purchuse will be the new between the wheel, wheel chocks.
Thanks for the reply.
Fun and safe camping to you and family.
Dan
Old 07-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #4

I've been looking 'hard' at those x-chocks. They look really good. DW went out and bought me a cheap set and found it wouldn't extend far enough to lock the wheels down. Gonna have to go with the BAL X-CHOCKS to do it right... There's lots of home-made versions out there one could build for cheap, if one was so inclined!

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #5

We also have the Bal-X chocks. We like also that you can lock them (cheapy locks, but they will at least slow someone down from removing/stealing them). Unfortunately, we had to remove the scissor stabilizers from the rear of the tt because our driveway's angle causes them to scrape when we back tt into the side yard. There is movement in tt without them. When we take off for our extended trip next month, we will put them back on.
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:44 AM   #6

I made a set of the wooden wheel Chocks this week end. They locked down the tires great. We will put them to a real test this coming week end week end, G-Ma and I are taking Our 7 year old grand son Camping at Fort Richardson state park. He is so excited he keeps call and asking how many more days.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #7

Enjoy the trip and the time you get to spend with your grandson! Let us know how your wheel chocks work out too.

Home base... Hondo, Texas

2010 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2009 Ford FX4
4 Point Equil-i-zer hitch
https://www.armadillotimes.com
Hondopatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #8

I just bought one of the x-chocks today, but am thinking that we should have one for each side? Is this correct or can you just use this on one side and a standard (in my case, the cheaper yellow ones) on the other side?
Darrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
I just bought one of the x-chocks today, but am thinking that we should have one for each side? Is this correct or can you just use this on one side and a standard (in my case, the cheaper yellow ones) on the other side?
We asked this question on several forums when we ordered the new tt last Summer. We had 7 weeks to wait and considered everything we would need. I read on another forum where it was imperative to have chocks on each side of trailer, even if they were X-chocks. We decided to buy a pair (On Ebay... less than CW on sale). Ours came with a lock for each. Now we have the tt, we are reluctant to use just one X-chock as we noticed that even when sinched down on one side, there is a lot of side stress on the tongue post as Don moves around inside the tt. Using yellow chocks on the others side? Dunno, never tried it. You could always use wood blocks to see how it feels, but I would personally say have chocks on both sides
Old 07-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #10

We are currently experiencing an un-level situation at our camp.
First I intend on placing Cinder-Blocks under existing sissor jacks before determining if new jacks are necessary.
We get a fair share of jiggle within the trailer.
I hadn't considered the wheel chokes being a source of the problem. Will check that out too.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #11

When we use the X-Ball Chocks and all four scissor jacks, we haven't a problem with movement. Right now when we do short trips though, we have our back jacks off so we can pull the tt back into the side yard as there is a major slant on the driveway. But when we head out for a long trek, we will reinstall the back jacks again