Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2015, 04:21 PM   #1

Upgrading from Ramp to Patio?

We have our deposit down and are in the process of getting a 2015 Model 3210 Toy Hauler 5th Wheel. It has everything we want, with the possible exception of the patio option for the rear ramp. I have seen them in videos and pictures and it looks like something that may be a good option when we boondock.

We tend to take the quads into some muddy areas and there aren't always grassy areas where we would set up for the week. We thought adding the patio, if possible, would make sense for those areas.

Does anyone have experience with these? The local Jayco dealer didn't know if it could be done so I thought I'd check here. If possible, is this something that you would actually use or just a nice thing in the showroom but really just extra weight and cost?
goldenroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #2

goldenroads, I know this response may be too late for you however, maybe what I specify will help others.

I called RV Direct in regards to the recently ordered Octane TH specified in the signature section to add the party deck option. I was asking what all is included because I was thinking that only the support cables and railings may not be the most cost effective option out there. The rep. thought that the rear door ramp was reinforced in some manner so I asked her to please contact Jayco to confirm. She did so and specified that the door was reinforced over the standard door in order to accommodate such a use. To me such a confirmation secured my decision to go with this option even though the business experience I have acquired over the years is telling me to trust but verify, know whadda mean?
(2) Yamaha EF2000is Inverter Generators
House of Harview is offline   Reply With Quote