Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #1

Walk through

Hi there I recently purchased a trailer. I am stumped on what kinds of questions I can ask. I've been a tenter forever so this is a big change. Thanks for your help
rvingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #2

I forgot to add questions to ask while on my walk through. Does it come with an owners manual?
rvingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #3

You will get a manual. I think there was a thread about this but I can't find it. Maybe someone else can locate it? If you have a good dealer they will show you everything. You will want to inspect everything you can before you leave. Go on the roof, open up everything...really give a good look over.

Number of Nights Camping - 2013 26RKS
2014 - 18, 2013 - 11, 2012 - 11
Number of Nights Camping - 2012 17Z
2012 - 10, 2011 - 13

Countless nights as kids and young adults in a pop-up, hardside TT and several tents!
campingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:39 AM   #4

I second campingdog, a good dealer will walk you thru everything. Yes you will get a manual, and manuals of every part of your trailer... I couldn't believe all the owners manuals. As a newbie last year, my walk thru was learning about everything on the trailer. You should get a checklist of all the things they checked over on the trailer, you may find it helpful to take video of the walkthru so you can refer back to it later. Your main thought IMHO should be is everything I see correct, is there any damage, scratches, gouges, do all the doors close correctly and stay that way, is anything too hard to open or close, look for build quality issues, don't forget outside the trailer as well. Recently a newer member had to take their trailer back to the dealer the same day it was delivered as Jayco forgot some screws and some trim broke loose on the trailer and was flapping in the wind. Make a checklist of the options you wanted on the trailer and make sure they are all there. If the dealer said you would get full propane tanks have them light the stove if equipped, make sure they have done everything that they said they would and are contracted to do. I was so excited to get our trailer, I forgot the video and had questions later, so I poured thru all the manuals and found my answers. Any other questions, call the dealer or ask your friends here at JOF. MOST of all ENJOY the experience... Congrats and good luck.
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote