Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-19-2012, 12:30 AM   #41

Crabman, you weren't here so I drank yours for you.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingchump View Post
Oh...forgot to add this. Based on Rustic Eagle's (Bob's) comments...I have faith in my dealer as well. They just out right told me...we can't do it and I was happy with that.
I'm pretty sure all will be fine.
(I guess I can update my post on Jayco's "facebook" site...hehe)
Take care guys...and gal's...

Tim
from the beginning of this thread I had no doubt it would end on a good note, IMO Jayco is the best company. I think it being family owned and still be such a big player that things take time but they always step up.
Jayco Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #43

Cracking problem as well

Hi, I read your comments on trailer cracking. We bought a new 321rlts fifth wheel last year and after I got it home noticed an eleven inch crack on front cowling. No damage was apparent so must have came from factory like this. Called dealer and Jayco to see what they wanted to do about it. I told them I wanted the entire front replaced but was told by dealer Jayco would only repair crack. I contacted Jayco and got the same answer, they told me it was only a crack in the base coat, how they know that I do not know. Anyway long story short, dealer is picking up unit tomorrow and having crack and some other work repaired. I will be keeping an eye on area to see if crack returns. I have had quite a few issues with this unit and am not happy with Jayco's quality. I had a 2008 Jayco TT and never had a problem with it but this one has sure made up for it.
jimdl53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #44
Site Team

I found a small crack about 2 inches in my front cap. Jayco sent me to a local fiberglass shop. He verified it was just the gelcoat, repaired it, matched the color just right.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #45

20 months after purchase and 20 months of full time use, Jayco sent me a brand new microwave. Can't complain about that.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #46

I spent several years on the Casita forums, and don't recall any cases like this. That said, those little fiberglass trailers are **** well made - maybe thats why you can sell a 2003 model for over $11k like I did!

I'm really hoping to hear Jayco makes good on this one, perhaps in addition to the repair, extending the "crack" warranty a bit to ensure you don't have more, similar problems.

One thing I would be very frustrated about is the fact that the trailer ends up out of pocket for a long time. Can you defer the repair until off season?

-Chak

My Write-up on managing 12V and batteries
LED Bulbs and what I did
Chakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:27 AM   #47
Site Team

Mine was in th shop for 3 nights. Would have been less except for rainy weather caused a delay.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #48

don't give up the fight, they say jayco reps browse these forums, lets see if they can make it right. few of us only have one rv in our life, how we are treated when a problem arises makes a big difference in the brand of our next purchase. good luck
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #49

Watching this as well. I have a floor rot problem on my 2010 199.
Dealer said it has to go back to Jayco this comming off season
But I'm not comfortable having a 2 yr old camper rebuilt. Hoping
I'll hear something from Jayco rep as well.
TONYTHOMAS1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #50

While I am a very satisfied owner and have had only minor problems all handled very easily and in a timely manner I have a question as it relates to the structure lifetime warranty.

On Jayco's site there is a passage that reads "Jayco offers to the original purchaser additional industry-leading lifetime parts and labor coverage on our camping trailer lifter system, roof, floor, and frame"

I see and read issues with individuals dealing with the dealers on some of these "covered" issues. Are original owners having difficulty with claims on some of the these more serious issues when the regular warranty has expired?

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #51
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
While I am a very satisfied owner and have had only minor problems all handled very easily and in a timely manner I have a question as it relates to the structure lifetime warranty.

On Jayco's site there is a passage that reads "Jayco offers to the original purchaser additional industry-leading lifetime parts and labor coverage on our camping trailer lifter system, roof, floor, and frame"

I see and read issues with individuals dealing with the dealers on some of these "covered" issues. Are original owners having difficulty with claims on some of the these more serious issues when the regular warranty has expired?
I think that passage pertains to popups, which they call "camping trailers".

http://www.jayco.com/php/products/co...ion.php?id=363

http://www.jayco.com/php/products/la...mping.trailers
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #52

[QUOTE=Crabman;76555]I think that passage pertains to popups, which they call "camping trailers".

I thought maybe I missed something. While I understand they are smaller and support less weight so overall they are under less stress. Lifetime to the original owner vs a 2 year on hardwalled hardly seems fair.

I have an extended warranty and so far I am very satisfied with my choice. Hopefully I never have to use it.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco Junkie View Post
from the beginning of this thread I had no doubt it would end on a good note, IMO Jayco is the best company. I think it being family owned and still be such a big player that things take time but they always step up.
I would have to disagree with yhou Jayco Junkie....have a look at my thread "New Jayco Owner / Unhappy Camper"

Happy Trails
pjsteve99 is offline   Reply With Quote